ISO FILE IS NOT OPTIONS CANNOT SELECT AT STORAGE

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
ISOFILENOTANOPTION

ISO FILE IS NOT OPTIONS CANNOT SELECT AT STORAGE

Post by ISOFILENOTANOPTION »

I SWEAR I CAN'T I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW SOMEONE HELP ME

HOW DO I PUT MY PROGRAM I WANT TO RUN ON A VIRTUAL MACHINE, WHERE DO I EVEN LOAD IT INTO THE VIRTUAL MACHINE

BUT FIRST SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE ISO FILE THE ERROR IS "FATAL: NO BOOTABLE MEDIUM FOUND! SYSTEM"

I TRY WHATEVERYONE SAYS AND PUT THE ISO FILE IN THE WHEREVER U PUT THE STORAGE, IT SAYS IT'S NOT AN ACCEPTABLE FORMAT OR WHATVER I DON'T LNWO WHAT ELSE TO DO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH TEAM VIEWER , DOWNLOAD TEAM VIEWER AND REPLY TO ME I NEED TO RUN THIS PROGRAM IN THE VIRTUAL MACHINE, WHICH REQUIRES INTERNET SO I HOPE THAT'S NOT MORE BS I HAVE TO DEAL WITH TO CONNECT THE VM TO THE INTERNET
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: ISO FILE IS NOT OPTIONS CANNOT SELECT AT STORAGE

Post by mpack »

FYI: This is not a 1920's telegram. An all caps post is considered shouting, which will often be received poorly.

If VirtualBox is telling you it is not a valid, bootable ISO file, then it is not a valid, bootable ISO file.
HOW DO I PUT MY PROGRAM I WANT TO RUN ON A VIRTUAL MACHINE, WHERE DO I EVEN LOAD IT INTO THE VIRTUAL MACHINE
A VM is a virtual PC. You put programs in the exact same way you do with any other PC, i.e. you pick the app installer for the OS that the PC in running, you get that installer onto the PC in any of the usual ways (media, network, download, email), and then you run it. If you really know what you're doing then you can execute the steps of the installer manually.

If all you did so far was create a blank virtual PC then you'll first need to install the OS which the program needs. And to forestall the usual next question: for some reason that escapes me, Oracle does not bundle $xxx Microsoft Windows licenses with their free VirtualBox downloads.

All of the above can be found in chapter 1 of the user manual, a PDF is bundled with the software.
BillG
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

What ISO file do you have? Where did it come from? How are you trying to attach it to the vm?

Just like a physical PC, a vm will boot from its DVD drive. If you have a valid .iso file on the host PC you can attach it to the optical drive of the vm from the Settings of the vm. In Settings select Storage . If the optical drive is showing Empty you have not attached the ISO file to vm. Click blue disk showing Empty and the details of the optical drive will appear in the display. Click on the blue disk on the right of the display and select Choose a disk file. Find the iso file on your host machine and selct Open. This will attach the iso file to the optical disk of the vm.

Now start your vm and it will boot from the .iso file. If it doesn't the .iso is not bootable.
Empty.PNG
Bill
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Note to all: after one day the OP next posted in a new topic, apparantly advertising some kind of easy install service - for VMWare (?!). I'm pretty sure the above is just spam prep, which is why it barely makes sense. He got some good replies so I won't delete the topic. I will lock it however.