[Solved] Error message I can't install VirtualBox 6

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Digital Groove

[Solved] Error message I can't install VirtualBox 6

Post by Digital Groove »

I'm trying to install VirtualBox 6 unfortunately I had an old version which I no longer have on my computer anymore. When I try and install the new version I get an error message that says " Click OK to try again or enter alternate path to a folder containing the installation package VirtualBox-4.3.12.r93733-MultiArch_amd64.msi" Does someone have the install file so I can install VirtualBox 6 or have another way I can install VirtualBox 6?

I have also tried the options on this post which didn't work for me. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64973#p306090
Last edited by mpack on 8. Apr 2021, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Enable URL
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Error message I can't install VirtualBox 6

Post by mpack »

Look in the user manual for instructions on how to unpack the .MSI files from the installer exe wrapper.

Download the appropriate installer then use the unpacked MSI to get past the error.
Digital Groove

Re: Error message I can't install VirtualBox 6

Post by Digital Groove »

mpack wrote:Look in the user manual for instructions on how to unpack the .MSI files from the installer exe wrapper.

Download the appropriate installer then use the unpacked MSI to get past the error.

Thanks all good. repair and remove option came up I chose remove option. Now I installed VB 6 and all is working great.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: [Solved] Error message I can't install VirtualBox 6

Post by mpack »

Thanks for reporting back.