I have problem screen integration on Windows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Saneok1111

I have problem screen integration on Windows 7

Post by Saneok1111 »

Hello I have problem screen integration on Windows 7
blue screen on the sides of the program, as in the screenshot below:
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 784 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: I have problem screen integration on Windows 7

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log and the hardening log next to it, zip them, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Saneok1111

Post by Saneok1111 »

scottgus1 wrote:Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log and the hardening log next to it, zip them, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Hello ok

I've always had this problem. This isn't a problem that appears and disappears, its constant
Attachments
Desktop.rar
(63.36 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

I was checking for Guest Additions, and they are present.

3D acceleration is enabled and seems to be working, since Aero is operating.

You're apparently trying Seamless Mode, which should hide the Windows 7 blue desktop and only show the game window. I have used Seamless in a 7 VM but for with 3D and Aero.

If you turn off Seamless and let the VM window itself, then turn on Seamless again, does the blue background change?
Saneok1111

Post by Saneok1111 »

scottgus1 wrote:I was checking for Guest Additions, and they are present.

3D acceleration is enabled and seems to be working, since Aero is operating.

You're apparently trying Seamless Mode, which should hide the Windows 7 blue desktop and only show the game window. I have used Seamless in a 7 VM but for with 3D and Aero.

If you turn off Seamless and let the VM window itself, then turn on Seamless again, does the blue background change?

I did what you said, turnd off seamless and then turned on again, the blue background didnt change. but in fullscreen mode, there is no blue background but i need it to work in seamless mode
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Scottgus1 wrote:I have used Seamless in a 7 VM but for with 3D and Aero.
Sorry, didn't proofread, I should have typed this:
Scottgus1 wrote:I have used Seamless in a 7 VM but with 3D and Aero turned off.
What about disabling 3D acceleration in the VM's Display settings? Aero will stop, but Seamless might work. I don't know if your game will still work, though.

If you're worried about breaking something, you can reboot the host so no Virtualbox processes are running, then make a full folder copy of the VM's folder (containing the .vbox file, Logs and Snapshots folders, and the VM's disk file) to another spot on your computer. Then if the experiments fail, reboot the host again, and copy the copy back over the original to restore the original setup.

One other "frame challenge"-like possibility: Run the VM in normal window mode, then shrink the VM's window size using the mouse on the window borders until it is a bit bigger than the game. In the Windows 7 taskbar, run 'small icons', hide unused icons, and turn off the clock, and autohide the VM taskbar. Also consider turning off the VM window's menu bar and status bar in the VM's User Interface settings.