[Solved] HELP?? "(VERR_SUPLIB_PATH_NOT_CLEAN)"

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
SarahPraseuth

[Solved] HELP?? "(VERR_SUPLIB_PATH_NOT_CLEAN)"

Post by SarahPraseuth »

Sorry, I should create a topic, but I'm having a problem similar to this problem. So I need everyone's continuing help. Hope you understand for me. Thanks

I am currently using Windows 10 Pro. My CPU has 2 hard drives and is partitioned into drive C and D, E (drive C is 1, and D,E is a 1). My drive C capacity is still enough to install VirtualBox, however, because I want to install VirtualBox at a separate E (438GB) drive. Earlier, I downloaded the Kali-Linux file to drive D. But when installed, I have encountered this error. Similar to her, if I install VirtualBox at Drive C, I will install it successfully. On the contrary, I will encounter an error if installing VirtualBox in drive D or E. How do I do to overcome this? Of course I just want to install it on the E or D drive.

This my error :

" Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Kali-Linux-2021.1-vbox-amd64.

Failed to load R0 module E:\/VMMR0.r0: The path is not clean of leading double slashes: 'E:\/VMMR0.r0' (VERR_SUPLIB_PATH_NOT_CLEAN).

Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_SUPLIB_PATH_NOT_CLEAN).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed} "

Please Help Me. Thanks again !
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: [Solved] HELP?? "(VERR_SUPLIB_PATH_NOT_CLEAN)"

Post by scottgus1 »

Forum gurus strongly recommend installing Virtualbox to the default "C:\Program Files". Windows has special security in place in that path, to protect programs. And Virtualbox punches lots of holes in the security levels to get more than one OS to run at a time on your PC. Please reconsider putting Virtualbox in its default location.

Your specific problem results from putting the Virtualbox installation in the root of the drive:
SarahPraseuth wrote:R0 module E:\/VMMR0.r0
Put it in a folder on the E drive and this should go away.