Virtual Box Guru Meditation Critical Error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Xxb

Virtual Box Guru Meditation Critical Error

Post by Xxb »

Hi,

I have been trying to launch my Windows VM, but I continually get the Guru Meditation critical error upon booting up. This started happening after windows restarted to install updates.

I have looked over the logs, but was not able to find out why this is happening. Suggestions of fixes to this problem that others have encountered have not worked for me. I was hoping someone here could help me out as I need this VM working as soon as possible.

I have attached the log file to help give a better indication of what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
VBox.rar
Error log
(50.16 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtual Box Guru Meditation Critical Error

Post by scottgus1 »

The host's Hyper-V is enabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).

When you get Hyper-V disabled, make a new VM. The 2019 template may have a bug in it. Use the 2016 template for Server 2019, and make sure that the VM's System settings, Acceleration, Paravirtualization Interface* says 'Hyper-V'.

(* 'Paravirtualization Interface' is a comm channel for virtualization-aware OS's to talk to whatever hypervisor is running them, so they can run more efficiently. Setting this to Hyper-V does not turn on the host OS's Hyper-V.)