Printer offline

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Eckhard

Printer offline

Post by Eckhard »

Hallo,
ich bin das 1. Mal in diesem Forum und hoffe auf Hilfe.

Wenn ich die ORACLE VM Virtual Box gestartet habe, dann ist mein Drucker im "Hauptsystem Windows 10" offline und sammelt die Aufträge in der Druckerwarteschlange.
Ich möchte nicht jedes Mal, wenn ich im Hauptsystem drucken möchte die Virtual Box schließen.

Gibt es eine Einstellmöglichkeit in "beiden" Systemen zu drucken?

Vielen Dank für jede Unterstützung

Gruß
Eckhard
Last edited by mpack on 4. Mar 2021, 11:50, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Change the topic title to English.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Drucker offline

Post by mpack »

When I started the ORACLE VM Virtual Box, my printer is offline in the "main system Windows 10" and collects the jobs in the printer queue.
I don't want to close the Virtual Box every time I want to print in the main system.

Is there any setting option to print in "both" systems?
This is usually a result of you assigning ownership of a host USB printer to the guest OS. USB ports cannot be shared, hence the host will lose the use of the printer.

Don't give physical devices to a VM. Instead you should enable the printer sharing service on your host and then the guest OS should access the printer via a local network connection of type "Bridged" or "Host-only".

You do not mention what the guest OS is. Note that the guest OS will still require a printer driver.
Eckhard

Re: Printer offline

Post by Eckhard »

Danke für die Unterstützung. Ich muss die Antwort jetzt erst mal verstehen und umsetzen....