Error Trying To Get VirtualBox To Run

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
FSUKXAZ

Error Trying To Get VirtualBox To Run

Post by FSUKXAZ »

I'm getting this error: "Nonexistent host networking interface" (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR).

I googled fixes and it says to select Host-only Adapter in Attached To drop down on Adapter 1. Well there isn't anything in the sub drop down called Name. It's blank, so I don't know what to do.
Error1.png
Error1.png (75.81 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Error2.png
Error2.png (31.78 KiB) Viewed 553 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Error Trying To Get VirtualBox To Run

Post by mpack »

I'm not sure what that "Google Fix" is supposed to fix, but anyway we are not responsible for what you find on randomly selected Internet posts.

Most likely the underlying drivers needed to redirect physical networks have not been installed. Run the VirtualBox installer again, this time using "Run as administrator" to run it, supply an admin password, and do not untick any USB or networking drivers from the install options dialog.
FSUKXAZ

Post by FSUKXAZ »

I used Run As Administrator to download software and run it. VM still doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling software multiple times as an Administrator. I'm using default selections when I reinstall the software. Not changing anything. Yeah, it still doesn't work.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

1. Uninstall Virtualbox and reboot.
  2. Go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers", look for any files called 'Vbox*.sys' (there could be up to 5) and delete them.
  3. Reboot again.
  4. If you have any 3rd-party security or anti-malware software, disable the living daylights out of it for a moment.
  5. Reinstall Virtualbox using right-click-Run-As-Administrator.