Critical Error Help

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Apollo99

Critical Error Help

Post by Apollo99 »

Hello, I have a small problem regarding my oracle vm, I am doing a university course online called Digital Systems: From Logic Gates to Processors in coursera, and I am installing a new virtual machine for verilog. I am a little bit familiar with installing VM's but this new one doesn't seem to run. It just says critical error and to post the description of what I was doing before the error, In which I just created a folder called Digital Systems VM's and moved my new Vm files to it. Sorry for sounding a little bit strange, I'm just new to installing VM's. Can someone provide me a bit of assistance please?
Attachments
v_box_logs.rar
Logs
(120.35 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Log Png
Log Png
VBox.png (4.19 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Critical Error Help

Post by mpack »

Well, per the error message I would go to the VM setting page: <settings>|System|Motherboard tab and make sure that "Enable I/O APIC" is checked, as it would have been in the original Linux template.

Speaking of which: make sure you choose the correct template for the hardware and OS you install. "Linux (32bit)" is too generic. I would give the VM 2 CPU cores.

You also have Hyper-v enabled in the host, this will interfere with VirtualBox.
00:00:03.230198 HM: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM: AMD-V is not available
00:00:03.252909 NEM: info: Found optional import WinHvPlatform.dll!WHvQueryGpaRangeDirtyBitmap.
00:00:03.252921 NEM: info: Found optional import vid.dll!VidGetHvPartitionId.
00:00:03.252924 NEM: info: Found optional import vid.dll!VidGetPartitionProperty.
00:00:03.252970 NEM: WHvCapabilityCodeHypervisorPresent is TRUE, so this might work...
For how to get rid of Hyper-v, see: HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).
Apollo99

Post by Apollo99 »

Thanks, It totally worked! Now I am able to open the files from university as well as the HDD and Verilog programs.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Thanks for reporting back.