7.0 needs VC++ runtime

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Bugg

7.0 needs VC++ runtime

Post by Bugg »

(mod edit: previously added to "Virtualbox 7.0.6 and the VirtualboxGuestAdditions 6.1.42 run perfectly and stably" in Windows Guests)

I just tried to update to 7.0.6 from 6.1.4.0 and it would not update because it said I needed to install Microsoft Visual c ++ 2019 redistributable package. It never seen that before. before I installed the newer version I made sure I existed the older version but it still didn't work. I even uninstalled the older version and tried to install the new and that didn't work either. I put the older version back on and it worked.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 6. Feb 2023, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed topic title
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Virtualbox 7.0.6 and the VirtualboxGuestAdditions 6.1.42 run perfectly and stably

Post by BillG »

Yes, VirtualBox 7 requires that. The important thing is that you install the 64-bit version of Visual C++ . The 32-bit version will not do the job.
Bill
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtualbox 7.0.6 and the VirtualboxGuestAdditions 6.1.42 run perfectly and stably

Post by scottgus1 »

Post split from "Virtualbox 7.0.6 and the VirtualboxGuestAdditions 6.1.42 run perfectly and stably" because needing VC++ for an install of 7.0 doesn't have anything to do with Virtualbox 7.0.6 and the VirtualboxGuestAdditions 6.1.42 running perfectly and stably. There is a "New Topic" button for just such a post. :wink:

And installing Virtualbox is a host question, not a guest question, so wrong subforum too. Moving from Windows Guests to Windows Hosts. :wink: :wink:

Do not hijack other threads, create your own. Choose your title carefully.
Bugg

Re: 7.0 needs VC++ runtime

Post by Bugg »

I installed the Microsoft Visual c ++ 2019 redistributable package and was then able to install the 7.0 update. Problem solved. :D