Disappointed Windows 10 and Oracle

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Disappointed Windows 10 and Oracle

Post by mpack »

I think we've had enough of this. Topic locked.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Disappointed Windows 10 and Oracle

Post by scottgus1 »

Craig (or maybe I should call you Phyllis, since you don't care to call things by their proper names, so maybe I shouldn't either?), we cannot help you until we understand what you are talking about. If I had come to you asking for help on a product you provided, and I told you the flibbitygibbit was ovrickulating the granklinator, you'd probably not know how to help me, unless you had specifically named parts of your product by those names. If You had named such parts, and I asked about the flibbitylinator ovrickulating the grankgibbiet, you'd still be stuck, since I've confused the names, as you've done above.

You see, Eugene, you must be understood to be helped. You tell us something you installed in the VM makes the OS crash. OK, that makes sense. But, Sandra, the thing you installed you also named in a way that matches two items in Virtualbox, one which can or should be installed in the VM, and one which most definitely cannot be installed in the VM. Then, Paula, you get huffy and cry a tantrum, because I ask you to help me help you by clarifying what item you're talking about. We can't use your information, George, because we can't understand you.

So, now that the topic is locked, Alexander, please take some time to meditate on why being understandable is important, and why clarifying according to the terminology of the project you need help with is required for understandable assistance.

And, Minnie, if you feel an overwhelming urge to attempt to justify yourself by posting a supposedly face-saving response, tell it to the Cheshire Cat, he'd be happy to smile at you and commiserate enigmatically.

"Some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short cut."