devices in PCI-E USB 3.0 card not working in virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Pumayk26

devices in PCI-E USB 3.0 card not working in virtual machine

Post by Pumayk26 »

Guys I'm out of usb ports so I decide to buy a PCI-e USB 3.0 x 7 card. And it's working fine in my host machine which runs windows 10 latest version. But when I try to use those devices with virtual machines, vms not recognizing the devices. anyone has a solution for this issue..? My motherboard is Asrock AB350 Pro 4.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: devices in PCI-E USB 3.0 card not working in virtual machine

Post by mpack »

Pumayk26

Post by Pumayk26 »

Thanks for the response friend. I couldn't find anything related to pci-e expansion cards.. :( .. Or did I miss anything..>?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The connection system used by the card does not influence the USB side of the interface. In other words, it does not matter how you connect the new USB ports to the PC, they ought to be usable by Virtualbox and should be testable through the USB Basics tutorial.

Carefully go through the tutorial, and provide the info in step 8 if you don't get correct results.

FWIW built-in USB 3 ports are also probably on the PCIe bus, look at Device Manager and show devices by connection.
Pumayk26

Post by Pumayk26 »

scottgus1 wrote:The connection system used by the card does not influence the USB side of the interface. In other words, it does not matter how you connect the new USB ports to the PC, they ought to be usable by Virtualbox and should be testable through the USB Basics tutorial.

Carefully go through the tutorial, and provide the info in step 8 if you don't get correct results.

FWIW built-in USB 3 ports are also probably on the PCIe bus, look at Device Manager and show devices by connection.
Is there any issues with AMD processors..? I've R5 1600 CPU + AB350 Pro 4 Motherboard...
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

No step 8 data, this poster is wasting our time. Move along, citizens...