Guru Meditation Error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Jacko5

Guru Meditation Error

Post by Jacko5 »

Hello,
I get "Guru Meditation" error on both Guest Windows Systems, Win7 Pro 64bit and Win10(tiny10).
The host system is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit running on a HP 250G5 with i7-6500U, running VirtualBox-6.1.34-150636-Win.

Mostly it appears at startup of the guest system, but sometimes it starts and the error appears while guest is running or while it is shutting down.
The problem appeared today for the first time.
Yesterday evening Windows Update installed a few important updates on the Host, maybe there is a connection?
Some days ago the hardware(RAM, SSD) and the BIOS of the Host System were updated too, but the Guests ran at least 2 days after that without problems, untill today.

I reinstalled Virtualbox but the error wasn't gone.
Because both guests were setup recently and were pretty much untouched, I deleted all the files and started installing them fresh.
But the error came again during installing Win7 Pro guest (or at first start while installing), see attached log and screenshot.

I'm desperated and I hope someone can help, thanx in advance!
Attachments
VM problem.zip
(68.31 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Guru Meditation Error

Post by scottgus1 »

Your 3rd-party antivirus has enabled its internal setting to use hardware virtualization for its scanning. This setting interferes with Virtualbox. Disable the antivirus setting for hardware virtualization and Virtualbox will probably work fine again.
Jacko5

Post by Jacko5 »

Thank you very much.
I have disabled the use of hardware virtualization in AVG Virus Scanner.
After that the error came again once but after restarting the Host system, everything seems to run fine again with no error until now ! :-)
Cheers!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Great! Glad you're up nd running.