VirtualBox Networking Abbruch

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Modern

VirtualBox Networking Abbruch

Post by Modern »

Hallo,

ich habe auf einem Host Laptop mit Windows 7 im Dauerbetrieb 3 Gäste mit Windows XP am laufen.

Diese sind mit "Host only Adapter" und "Netzwerkbrücke" (also zwei Adapter) mit einem Netzwerk verbunden.

Ich kann also von einem anderen Rechner auf die Gäste per Netzwerk zugreifen. Das funktioniert alles auch prima aber nach 2-4 Tagen im Dauerbetrieb funktioniert der Netzwerkzugriff nicht mehr, ohne das ich den Rechner berührt hätte.

Dann hilft nur ein Neustart aller Gäste.

Was kann ich tun, dass es im Dauerbetrieb funktioniert?

Die Adapter Konfigurationen sind folgende:

Host Only Adapter
Kabel verbunden
---------------
Netzwerkbrücke
Reaktek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Intel Pro/1000 T Server
Kabel Verbunden

Oder hat jemand zumindestens eine Idee wie man das Netwerk OHNE Neustart der Gäste reaktiviert?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox Networking Abbruch

Post by scottgus1 »

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show in Explorer. Zip the guest's .vbox file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Modern

Post by Modern »

Vbox Log of Guest 1
Attachments
Logs Guest 1.zip
Vbox Log of Guest 1
(144.36 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Modern

Post by Modern »

VBox Log of Guest 2
Attachments
Logs Guest 2.zip
VBox Log of Guest 2
(130.83 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Modern

Post by Modern »

VBOX Log of Guest 3

All Guests are Windows XP Service Pack 3 machines. The Host is Windows 7.

Thank you for any help in advance.
Attachments
Logs Guest 3.zip
VBOX Log of Guest 3
(128.55 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Regrettably, none of those zipped files are the guest's .vbox file. The file has a .vbox extension. Please try again?
Modern

Post by Modern »

Sorry here is the correct File, I think
Attachments
Win XP Dual.zip
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Modern

Post by Modern »

and the other machine (guest)
Attachments
Win XP Dual-VT.zip
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Thanks for the .vbox files. You are Bridged to the host's Ethernet adapter and have Host-Only as well. FWIW, if Bridged is connected, the Host-Only is redundant. Bridged has full access to the host too.

Your logs show that you do a lot of save-stating these guests. Full shutdowns are better, so the guest can get a reset.

I also see in the logs a lot of errors over the sound setup. I don't think these errors are causing the network problem, but one never knows with computers. If you do not need sound in XP, try disabling audio in the guest's Audio settings.

Let's try to get a log showing a guest starting from complete shutdown, not saved-state, which also has the network dropout in it. Try to leave the guest running without save-stating it.
Modern

Post by Modern »

I must say that the two virtual machine are connected directly together. Therefore I have two net work adapter
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

OK, that makes sense. Though they can also both see each other through Bridged. The Host-Only shouldn't be causing the problem, however.
Modern

Post by Modern »

Good you agree.

I use saving state, because it is much faster and I don't have to setup the XP guests again and again. Usually it should work endless.

The next thing I will do I will post the log files, when the the network is down. At the moment it works. Thank you for your help
Modern

Post by Modern »

I would like to say, that the Login to the guest machines with a remote computer still works. This is unusual. Normally the possibilities to connect only lasted 2-4 days. I will observe in the future and post the logs, when it stops working.

But I now I have another problem. I have a folder from the guest machine connected through network to the host machine.

From the host machine data will be written in realtime to this folder and a programm in the guest machine evaluate this data.

This connection between the host and guest machine with this folder is somehow interrupted for some hours and reestablish itself again. But I have lost data for this breaks.

Does anyone the have an idea how to solve this problem?

The configuration file for virtualbox and the guest machine is "WINXP Dual", which I posted earlier.

Thank you in advance
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Are you referring to "Ratetemp" or "RealtimeData"? These are Guest Additions Shared Folders.

Guest Additions Shared Folders are designed as a workaround for guests that cannot have a network. GASFs are only for manual mouse-drag-and-drop copying of files and folders inside the guest. Other things, like opening, monitoring, running, database-processing, etc., are not supported.

You should use a real shared folder, shared by the host OS and accessed through the Bridged or Host-Only network channels.
Modern

Post by Modern »

I'm not refering to shared folders, which you have mentioned.

I have a Folder from the guest connected to the host by the network. It is called "Datafeed".

In Win XP guest this folder is "freigegeben" (don't know the english equivalent). In the host this folder is connected via an extra drive.

But the connection is not stable.