VirtualBox Networking Abbruch

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VirtualBox Networking Abbruch

Post by scottgus1 »

OK, sounds like these suffer the same problem as the original post. Soon as you can get a log of a guest not save-stated, and with the network failure, we might see what is failing.

While the network is working, run an 'ipconfig /all' in the host and guest, and save the outputs. Repeat the commands when the network fails, then post all four command outputs along with the log.

FWIW, "a Folder from the guest connected to the host by the network" is a shared folder. It is apparently a real shared folder, shared by the host OS and depending on the network, though. It appears to not be a Guest Additions Shared Folder.
Modern

Post by Modern »

I was waiting, that I can't access the VM's from another machine but it is still working now. I have no clue, why it only worked 2 to 4 days earlier. I must mentioned that I changed nothing. The notebook is running 24 hours a day.

But I still have this problem:

I have a folder from the guest machine connected through network to the host machine.

From the host machine data will be written in realtime to this folder and a programm in the guest machine evaluate this data.

This connection between the host and guest machine with this folder is somehow interrupted for some hours and reestablish itself again. But I have lost data for this breaks.

This behavior is the same as 2 month ago.

How can I solve this problem.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Modern wrote:How can I solve this problem.
scottgus1 wrote:Soon as you can get a log of a guest not save-stated, and with the network failure, we might see what is failing.

While the network is working, run an 'ipconfig /all' in the host and guest, and save the outputs. Repeat the commands when the network fails, then post all four command outputs along with the log.
Modern

Post by Modern »

The problem is that I don't know in advance when these data losses occure.
I'm not sitting the whole day in front of the computer. I have made an ip/config when the guests were running and the network was ok.
Lets see if I can catch a break of these data losses.
Modern

Post by Modern »

Finally I found something.

Attached you find the IPCONFIG /ALL command from the GUEST and HOST when the network is working and not, corresponding of receiving Realtime Data or not.

I use a notebook, which is running 24 H a day 7 days a week. This notebook is connected to TPLINK Switch. The other computers are also connected to the TPLINK Switch and receive Realtime Data from the GUEST WIN XP Machine. When I'm not there I power off all Computers and also the TPLINK Switch. The notebook is still running. If you compare the HOST Files with Network OK and powered of switch you can see the difference:

Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung:

Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt
Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 1C-39-47-C2-54-91
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Nein
Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja

In this case I don't receive Realtime Data. But I want to save energy cost and power off the switch, when I'm not there.

So do you have a clue to setup Virtualbox when the switch is turned off to receive Realtime Data.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
Network Adapters.zip
IPCONFIG /ALL On GUEST and HOST
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 10 times