Konfigurationsdatei des Medien Managers?

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Borsti78

Konfigurationsdatei des Medien Managers?

Post by Borsti78 »

Hallo zusammen! Ich stehe grade vor folgendem Problem (Version Virtualbox 6.0.10), vielleicht kann mir jemand helfen:
vbox.jpg
vbox.jpg (104.73 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
vbox2.jpg
vbox2.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
Die Maschine, an der diese Platten hingen, wurde manuell gelöscht. Die entsprechende .vbox-Datei existiert also nicht mehr. Im Webinterface taucht sie auch nicht mehr auf.
In der Konfigurationsdatei "Virtualbox.xml" (Bild 2) ist sie ebenfalls nicht mehr vorhanden. Die Dateien "2019_1.vdi" und "2019_2.vdi" existieren auch nicht mehr.
Preisfrage: woher holt der Media Manager nach wie vor diese Informationen? Möchte ich die Einträge entfernen, kommt:
vbox3.jpg
vbox3.jpg (13.4 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
Ich würde gern diese Einträge aus der Liste löschen...nicht lebenswichtig, aber es interessiert mich allgemein mal, wo das abgespeichert wird :)
Habe in der Dokumentation nichts finden können.

Danke im Voraus!
Last edited by Borsti78 on 31. Dec 2019, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Konfigurationsdatei des Medien Managers?

Post by scottgus1 »

Borsti78 wrote:The machine on which these disks were attached was deleted manually. The corresponding .vbox file no longer exists. It also no longer appears in the web interface. It is also no longer available in the "Virtualbox.xml" configuration file (Illus. 2). The files "2019_1.vdi" and "2019_2.vdi" also no longer exist. Question: where does the media manager still get this information from? If I want to remove the entries, comes:
Text files and pictures should be posted using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Text files should be zipped first. Pictures should be cropped and resized to fit in the forum's 128kB size limit. Forum gurus will not go to 3rd-party websites for these files.

Please post these pictures, or if there is a Copy button in the error box, click it then paste the text of the error.
Textdateien und Bilder sollten auf der Registerkarte "Anhang hochladen" des Forums gepostet werden. Textdateien sollten zuerst komprimiert werden. Bilder sollten beschnitten und in der Größe angepasst werden, damit sie in die 128-KB-Größenbeschränkung des Forums passen. Forum-Gurus werden für diese Dateien keine Websites von Drittanbietern aufrufen.

Bitte posten Sie diese Bilder, oder klicken Sie auf die Schaltfläche "Kopieren", um den Text des Fehlers einzufügen.
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

scottgus1 wrote:[...]Forum gurus will not go to 3rd-party websites for these files.[...]
They dont have to, I used image tags...but somehow they got deleted? Now it should work :)
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Borsti78, [img] tags only work if you have already followed directions and used Upload Attachment, and you want to re-use a picture you uploaded before.
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

Ok thx, I uploaded the pictures to this forum, hope they are visible now
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

I see that you are using phpVirtualbox, and I just noticed this:
Borsti78 wrote:Im Webinterface taucht sie auch nicht mehr auf.
In der Konfigurationsdatei "Virtualbox.xml" (Bild 2) ist sie ebenfalls nicht mehr vorhanden.

It also no longer appears in the web interface.
It is also no longer available in the "Virtualbox.xml" configuration file (Illus. 2).
The picture of your Media Manager does not look like the main 6.0.# Virtualbox window's Virtual Media Manager:
6.0.14 Media Manager.png
6.0.14 Media Manager.png (56.18 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
I think the Media Manager you are asking about is phpVirtualbox's Media Manager.

We don't support phpVirtualbox here, that's someone else's creation. You'll need to ask the phpVirtualbox folks.

If the main Virtualbox's Media Manager no longer shows these disks, then Virtualbox is working properly.
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

Many thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, the problem also exists in the "real" version:
1.jpg
1.jpg (119.61 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (119.46 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (118.35 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
Looks like an endless loop: the entry cannot be removed because it belongs to a machine that no longer exists ... nor can it be closed because the file is no longer available.
Where is this information stored? Even my search for text "2019_1.vdi" in all files was not successful...

Thx in advance
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Borsti78 wrote:Where is this information stored?
The data is compiled from all of the guests that are registered, also from Virtualbox.XML for drives that were made directly from the main Virtualbox window or vboxmanage.exe and not attached to a guest yet. I don't know of another location this data would be stored in, unless phpVirtualbox digs in deeper.

If the first cell photo is the real Main Virtualbox Window's Virtual Media Manager (it still looks funny, but I don't know what host OS you have) then if you hover over the problem disk listing it should tell you where the file is supposed to be and what guest(s) the disk file is attached to, as shown in my screenshot above. The shown guest(s)' .vbox files contain the references to these problem disks. If you click the disk then click Release then Remove in the toolbar, then Virtualbox will (should?) pull the disk off the guest .vbox file that still thinks the disk is present.

The second two cell photos appear to show you have tried the Release and Remove. If these drives are part of a guest's Snapshot structure, they may not be removable.

All I can suggest now is to reset Virtualbox and register your desired existing guests again:

1. Take note of all special changes you made to the Preferences settings.

2. Shut down all Virtualbox guests and windows. If you have any guests that auto-start when the PC is turned on or logged in, disable the auto start. Reboot your host PC so no Virtualbox processes are running anywhere on the PC.

3. Go to your account's home folder and find the '.Virtualbox' folder (note the period in the name). Move this folder to the desktop.

4. Open Virtualbox. The main window will show no guests. They are still present, just not registered with the new Virtualbox.XML.

5. Go to the main Virtualbox window's Machine menu, Add... and browse to each guest's .vbox file. Add each guest back to the list.

6. Restore the Preferences settings.

7. Save the .Virtualbox folder on the desktop. It may contain encryption keys for disks you encrypted while not attached to a guest or other important data. This data can be merged back into the working Virtualbox.XML if necessary.

You should now have a clean Virtualbox with no strange disk files listed. If they come back, then these disks are attached to one of your existing guests. You will need to go through every guest's Storage settings until you find and remove them.
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

Many thanks for your help and efford. Since this is our company server, I have to try this out later. If I find the cause, I will tell it here. Maybe a simple reboot will fix it :P
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

Hallo! Ich wollte mich hier gern noch einmal zurückmelden: mittlerweile haben wir den Server neu starten können und alle Probleme mit verwaisten Platten sind verschwunden. Scheinbar werden manche Dinge nicht automatisch aktualisiert, sondern nur beim Hochfahren gelesen: egal, mir war nur wichtig, dass da in Sachen Konfiguration nichts durcheinander gerät.
Vielen Dank für die Hilfestellungen und schönen Abend noch!

Hi, I wanted to get back to you: in the meantime we have been able to restart the server and all problems with orphaned disks have disappeared. It seems that some things are not updated automatically, but only read at startup: never mind, I just wanted to make sure that nothing gets mixed up in terms of configuration.
Thanks for the help!