Kein Zugriff auf Host aber Internetverbindung

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
micha205

Kein Zugriff auf Host aber Internetverbindung

Post by micha205 »

Hallo,
ich möchte einen Guest so konfigurieren, dass dieser ins Internet kann aber keine Verbindung zum Host erhält. (Virenschutz)

Lässt sich dise Anforderung mit VB umsetzen?

Für Tipps bedanke ich mich vorab!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Kein Zugriff auf Host aber Internetverbindung

Post by socratis »

[quote="DeepL translated what "USER""]
DE: ich möchte einen Guest so konfigurieren, dass dieser ins Internet kann aber keine Verbindung zum Host erhält. (Virenschutz)
EN: I want to configure a guest to be able to connect to the internet but not to the host. (Virus protection)[/quote]
If you are using a LAN (which I assume you are), if the Guest connects to the Internet, then by definition will be inside your LAN, behind your Router. And if it's in the LAN, there is no isolation, it's part of the network, it could see everything in the LAN.

The only solution would be to have a 2nd public IP from your ISP with a 2nd Router (twice the money), and a 2nd NIC on the host (or a USB-to-Ethernet/WiFi) that would allow the VM to be separated from the host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.