DVD wenn "no bootable medium" + falsche Container Größe

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Expl0rer

DVD wenn "no bootable medium" + falsche Container Größe

Post by Expl0rer »

Hi, ich muss zwei Fragen stellen die mich verwirren.

Ich habe mir ISO´s geladen und will sie einbinden in VB 6.0.10 auf einem Wins 7 64 Host.

1. Warum muss ich DVD aktiviert haben, weil ich sonst ein
"FATAL no bootable medium found! System halted." bekomme?
Ich nutze nur die Platte (SSD und HDD) und keine DVD oder Diskette oder Netzwerk.

2. Wenn ich eine neue VM anlege und meine ISO wähle wird mit immer empfohlen wie groß der Container sein soll.
Jedoch ist die Größe immer falsch.
"Die empfohlene Größe der Festplatte beträgt 8,00 GB" bei Linux Mint 64 brauch ich aber um die 20 GB und nicht 8.
Nun wil ich den Container in der Größe anpassen, weil ich ja großzügig 10 GB gegeben habe, aber wie?
Also habe ich alles gelöscht und vorne begonnen.

Kann man das nicht alles anders lösen oder zumindest richtig darstellen?

Danke Grüße
Ex
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: DVD wenn "no bootable medium" + falsche Container Größe

Post by socratis »

[quote="DeepL translated what "Expl0rer""]
DE: 1. Warum muss ich DVD aktiviert haben
EN: 1. Why do I need to have DVD enabled[/quote]Because that's what computers use to get an OS installed. How are you going to install an OS to a computer? Either via a CD/DVD, or lately via a USB stick. Your virtual computer needs to do the same thing.

DE: 2. Wenn ich eine neue VM anlege und meine ISO wähle wird mit immer empfohlen wie groß der Container sein soll. Jedoch ist die Größe immer falsch.
EN: 2. When I create a new VM and choose my ISO, it is always recommended how big the container should be. However, the size is always wrong.[/quote]The recommended virtual hard drive size is the minimum required. The installer can not read your mind and propose what you think is the correct value. You need to decide that.

DE: Nun wil ich den Container in der Größe anpassen, weil ich ja großzügig 10 GB gegeben habe, aber wie?
EN: Now I want to resize the container, because I generously gave 10 GB, but how?[/quote]When you create a VM, the wizard suggests to create a VDI (default) with the minimum required size. But there is a slider that you can change the size of the VDI.

You sound like a fairly new user to VirtualBox. Since you are expected to know some basic terms before we engage in a meaningful discussion, I would suggest to start by reading three small chapters from the User Manual: Or even better, read the whole chapter 1. First steps.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.