Virtualbox deaktivieren

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
urs68

Virtualbox deaktivieren

Post by urs68 »

Liebe Virtualbox-Freunde. Habe Virtualbox auf meinem PC mit Windows 10 installier. Möchte aber Windows-XP wegen alten CAD-Programmen intallieren. Nun bekam ich die Meldung: Die Hardware-Virtualisierung ist in den Systemeistellungen aktiviert. Wie und wo kann ich die Hardware-Virtuallisierung in der Systemeinstellungen deaktivieren?
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
urs68
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox deaktivieren

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote:Dear Virtualbox friends. I installed Virtualbox on my PC with Windows 10. But I want to install Windows-XP because of old CAD programs. Now I got the message: The hardware virtualization is activated in the system settings. How and where can I deactivate the hardware virtualization in the system settings?
Because I can't quite understand the error message (lost in translation?), create a DOS VM and try to run it.

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, from that VM:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I'm going to guess that he means that the CAD software is complaining because it has detected that it's running in a VM.

There is no fix for this, except to contact the CAD vendor and ask for a version that runs in a VM: most of them have "network floating license" versions that can do it.

... though I expect the next problem would be getting a 3D CAD app to work well with VirtualBox. In my experience they don't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I think it might be the "Enable Hardware Virtualization" or "Enable VT-x/AMD-V" in the VM Settings, and somehow the OP lost VT-x/AMD-V on the host (Hyper-V) and can't launch the VM...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.