[Solved] Umzug Parallels zu Windows 10 geht nicht

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Umzug Parallels zu Windows 10 geht nicht

Post by mpack »

The error is caused by enabling VT-x on a system which disables VT-x in the BIOS.
VBox.log.1 wrote: 00:00:01.932055 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
VT-x is really mandatory these days. You should enable it in the host BIOS.
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Ist not possible to aktivate it. Ist Grey if i choose the Option on VBOX... and no way to make the hook :(
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Jani23m wrote:Ist not possible to aktivate it. Ist Grey if i choose the Option on VBOX... and no way to make the hook :(
Or do you mean i have to activate it in the old parallels System? There is no Option for this.
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

VT-x muss im Bios des Hosts aktiviert werden, normalerweise steht da irgendein Eintrag mit VT-x oder auch "Virtualisierung", am besten mal im Handbuch nachschauen. Wie man das direkt unter Windows herausfinden kann, wird beispielsweise hier beschrieben:
https://www.shaileshjha.com/how-to-find ... 7-machine/

Sollte dies schon aktiviert sein, kann das Problem auch an Software des Hostsystems liegen: zunehmend mehr Antiviren-Software oder Features wie Hyper-V (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/virtua ... le-hyper-v) nutzen die Virtualisierungsmöglichkeiten für sich und stehen dann Vbox nicht mehr voll zur Verfügung. Wie man das einfach herausfindet, welches Programm das nutzt, weiß ich leider auch nicht...unter
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/co ... e_culprit/

wird aber eine Möglichkeit gezeigt: VT-x im Bios DEaktivieren und im Eventlog schauen, welche Software meckert :P
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Hi Borsti, thanks for helping out.

Just one additional note: the error message in the log was the very specific form, "VT-x is disabled in the BIOS". When it gives that exact error then it usually means exactly what it says. If the error had been "VT-x is not available" then the Hyper-v suggestion would be more likely.
Jani23m

Post by Jani23m »

Danke das geht jetzt... im Bios des neuen PCs war das deaktiviert.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.