Windows 10 in VirtualBox erkennt kein USB

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
ManfredB
Volunteer

Windows 10 in VirtualBox erkennt kein USB

Post by ManfredB »

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe schon seit langer Zeit in VirtualBox Windows laufen, zuerst Windows 8, dann update auf WIndows 10.

Heute wollte ich einmal einen USB-Stick mit Windows 10 ausstatten, damit ich Windows 10 auf meinem Rechner wieder
installieren kann. Doch da der Stick nicht erkannt wird (obwohl ich ihn in den Einstellungen eingebunden habe)
kann ich das leider nicht bewerkstelligen.

Hat jemand hier Erfahrungen mit USB-Erkennung und Windows10 und könnte mir weiterhelfen?

Danke im voraus.
Gruß
Manfred
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 in VirtualBox erkennt kein USB

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: Hat jemand hier Erfahrungen mit USB-Erkennung und Windows10 und könnte mir weiterhelfen?
Does anyone here have experience with USB detection and Windows10 and could help me?
Is the stick a USB3 one? Does your host have support for USB3? Have you enabled USB3 in the VM settings?

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows 10 in VirtualBox erkennt kein USB

Post by mpack »

Or make your life simple: access the USB drive as a shared folder.