Tastatur in VM geht nicht

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Harry99

Tastatur in VM geht nicht

Post by Harry99 »

Hallo,
ich habe Windows 10 von einem Notebook in Virtualbox auf meinem iMac laufen.
Aber die Tastatur geht nicht. Ich habe die Gasterweiterungen installiert. Über Bildschirmtastatur konnte ich mich auf der Win10 VM anmelden.
Im Gerätemanager war die Maus als HID Maus aktiv und PS2 Maus mit Ausrufezeichen. Die Tastatur steht als PS2 Tastatur auch mit Ausrufezeichen drin.
Habe die PS2 Tastatur deinstalliert, nach geändeter Hardware gesucht, wieder PS2 Tastatur mit Ausrufezeichen. Ich vermute, dass die Notebooktastatur Hardware gebunden ist, weil man ja auch z.B. Wifi an und ausschalten kann.
Diese Informationen stehen vermutlich irgendwo in Efi. Maus geht in der VM ohne Probleme. Ich denke ich habe alles Mögliche an den Einstellungen probiert, alles Ergebnislos.
Hat irgend jemand vielleicht einen Tipp, wie ich eine Tastatur zum Laufen bringen kann?

P.S. Ich habe eine USB Tastatur angeschlossen, und in den USB Einstellungen die USB tastatur hinzugefügt. VM neu gestartet, aber Tastatur geht noch immer nicht.

Grüße und ein frohes WWeihnachtsfest.

Harry99
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Tastatur in VM geht nicht

Post by mpack »

Answering in English.

Like any other application running on your host, you should not need to do anything special to make the keyboard work, with one exception which I'll mention later. In particular you should not need to (and should not) install any keyboard drivers in the guest. You should remove any USB filters you have defined, and restore guest drivers to their original state.

You do of course need to select the correct keyboard layout in the guest. Unfortunately that might be tricky unless Apple provide one for their OS X / Windows dual boot option.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF4000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: I have Windows 10 running from a notebook in Virtualbox on my iMac.
But the keyboard doesn't work. I have installed the guest extensions. Using the on-screen keyboard I was able to log in to the Win10 VM.
In the device manager the mouse was active as HID mouse and PS2 mouse with exclamation mark. The keyboard is also available as PS2 keyboard with exclamation point.
Uninstalled the PS2 keyboard, searched for changed hardware, again PS2 keyboard with exclamation point. I suspect that the notebook keyboard is bound to hardware, because you can switch Wifi on and off, for example.
This information is probably located somewhere in Efi. Mouse works in the VM without problems. I think I've tried all sorts of different settings, all of them unsuccessful.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get a keyboard to work?
You don't need to do absolutely nothing to get the keyboard to work, just as mpack said. The question is: what did you do to create the situation?
mpack wrote:Unfortunately that might be tricky unless Apple provide one for their OS X / Windows dual boot option.
No, they don't. The Windows key is simply replaced by the Apple key. Wrong position, same functionality. And the OP isn't even dual booting, so that shouldn't be a problem.

For reference, the keyboard can't be changed to a PS/2 or USB anymore, that option is gone. And in Win10 the keyboard is identified as "Standard PS/2 Keyboard", just like everywhere else...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

socratis wrote:And the OP isn't even dual booting
Well of course I'm aware of that. But, if Apple provide any kind of support for Windows on the OPs hardware then it stands to reason that an appropriate predefined keyboard layout must exist, if it is needed. From what you say about the Windows key, it may not be needed - though the physical arrangment of the keys is no guarantee of their scancodes, and I for one am not in a position to say anything about the German layout which the OP must have.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:I for one am not in a position to say anything about the German layout which the OP must have.
That actually might be it, although it would usually make the whole thing "click" in the wrong way ;)

I don't think I've heard anyone having such a problem with a Mac keyboard. Their scancodes map 1-to-1, it's just the geography that's... different. Never had an issue with either a VM or dual-booting my Mac, and as far as I know, no one did. They *do* have a keyboard helper when you boot in Windows, but that's mainly to map their sound/brightness/special keys to their corresponding functionality in Windows. Something else is going on here. Speaking of...

@Harry99
Start the VM, not from saved or paused state. Login. Shutdown the VM. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager » Show Log. Save only the first "VBox.log". ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Harry99

Post by Harry99 »

Also am Mac kann es nicht liegen. Ich habe die Maschine nochmals zu einer VM gemacht, und habe sie auf einem Windows 10 PC in Virtualbox eingebunden.
Da ging die Tastatue ebenfalls nicht. Habe ein Logfile erstellt, und versuche es anzuhängen.
Ich habe immer noch Hoffnung, dass das Problem gelöst werden kann.

Grüße
Harry 99
Attachments
Windows_10_-2017-12-28-15-18-30.log.zip
(32.32 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Was meinst Du mit "Ich habe die Maschine nochmals zu einer VM gemacht, und habe sie auf einem Windows 10 PC in Virtualbox eingebunden."?
Woher stammt die VM, wie wurde sie erstellt/installiert?
Warum läuft sie im experimentellen EFI-Modus und nicht im normalen Standard-BIOS Modus?
Harry99

Post by Harry99 »

Ich habe von dem Notebook nochmals ein Image mit VMware Converter erstellt.
Habe dieses Image als neue Maschine auf einem Windows10 Pc in Virtualbox eingebunden.
Ich wollte damit nur sehen, ob das Tastaturproblem nur auf meinem Mac besteht.
Dem ist aber nicht so, da es auf dem PC auch nicht funktioniert.
Efi habe ich so erhalten, sind Vorgaben unserer Firma.

Grüße
Harry99
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

EFI ist in VirtualBox (noch?) nicht für Windows 10 vorgesehen, dieses sollte aber keinen Einfluss auf die Tastatur haben.

Das Logfile stammt nicht von einem Windows-Host, sondern von einem Mac.

Die Gastinstallation stammt also von einer physischen Installation eines Notebooks? Sind dort Treiber für spezielle Eingabegeräte installiert oder Remote Support bzw. Security Software für die Firmenumgebung?
Außerdem könnten die VMware-Tools stören, falls der Converter diese mit installiert haben sollte. Microsoft's "Disk2VHD" soll laut einigen Berichten hier im Forum besser funktionieren.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Martin wrote:EFI is not (yet?) intended for Windows 10 in VirtualBox, but this should not affect the keyboard.
EFI ist in VirtualBox (noch?) nicht für Windows 10 vorgesehen, dieses sollte aber keinen Einfluss auf die Tastatur haben.
1) False, 2) true ;)
EFI works just fine for a Win10 VM, if the VM is setup from the beginning to work with EFI. I'm working with such a VM. But the keyboard, you're absolutely right, it has nothing to do with that...
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

I deliberately avoided saying that EFI would work or not work with a Windows 10 guest. The VirtualBox EFI feature was intended for OS X guests and definitely did not work with early Win10 guests. Later on I think perhaps something was tweaked so that Win10 guest ran.

But Win10 is a moving target and who's to say what broke in the last update. I agree with Martin that EFI in a Win10 guest is an unnecessary complication which should be removed. OS X of appropriate vintage does I believe require EFI. No version of Windows 10 does.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

EFI is working fine for OSX, Linux and new Windows guests, maybe you're thinking more of the ICH9 chipset which was also experimental and only required for OSX guests? From ticket #7702 UEFI support for Windows guests:
On [url=https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7702#comment:13]2014-11-25[/url] frank wrote:Windows 7 guests depend on proper int10 support and are not supported. We might change this eventually but this has low priority.
On [url=https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7702#comment:18]2017-02-24[/url] frank wrote:To make it clear: Windows 8.1 and later are able to boot in EFI mode with VirtualBox. As written in comment:13, Windows 7 has different requirements but the priority of implementing them is low because Windows 7 is not that brand new anymore.
And on 2017-03-28, the following change was made in the documentation (r66268). The manual (ch. 3.13 Alternative firmware (EFI)) changed from:
While Mac OS X and Linux guests are known to work fine, Windows guests are currently unable to boot with the VirtualBox EFI implementation.
to:
Mac OS X, Linux and newer Windows guests are known to work fine. Windows 7 guests are unable to boot with the VirtualBox EFI implementation.
Harry99

Post by Harry99 »

Problem wurde gelöst.

Ich habe mit dem Festplattenmanager 16 von Paragon (voll EFI-fähig) einen virtuellen Container erstellt.
Container in Virtualbox eingebunden, und alles geht.

Grüße
Harry99