[Solved] Kann keine Maschine in Virtualbox starten

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Bbsax

[Solved] Kann keine Maschine in Virtualbox starten

Post by Bbsax »

Hallo,
ich hab heute auf meinem Windows 7 Home 32bit, Notebook (Core 2 Duo T6400 mit 4GB), zum ersten Mal Virtualbox installiert und auch gleich erste Tests durchgeführt
1. Ein Windows 7 32 bit als Guest. Installation sollte über Original-Windows Installations-DVD erfolgen.
2. Ein Ubuntu_16.10_Yakkety-VB-32bit System von einer vorgefertigten vdi
Das Einrichten der Maschinen war schnell erledigt und kein Problem. Nur klappt der Start der jeweiligen Systeme nicht. Virtualbox bricht jedesmal mit gleicher Fehlermeldung ab:
"VirtualBox - Fehler
Für die virtuelle Maschine <name> konnte keine neue Sitzung eröffnet werden.
Details:
The virtual machine 'win7' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Boris\VirtualBox VMs\win7\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.
Fehlercode:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Komponente:
MachineWrap
Interface:
IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}"

Hat mir jemand einen Tipp, woran das liegen kann? Meines Wissens nach sollten zumindest 32-bit Systeme auf dieser Rechnerhardware laufen.

Anbei das Log.

Schon mal besten Dank für eure Unterstützung :)
Boris
Attachments
VBoxHardening.log
(92.73 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by socratis on 15. Apr 2017, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Kann keine Maschine in Virtualbox starten

Post by socratis »

Please read the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Bbsax

Post by Bbsax »

Hi,
when checking all the things documented in the FAQ it turned out to be an Antivirus issue.

I had an up-to-date Avira Free Antivirus running. Disabling the real-time scanner didn't help but uninstalling.
Now, after reinstalling Avira Free again, the problems seems to be gone. I can run VirtualBox now with Avira Free running in background (same settings as before).

Many thanks for your support and the FAQ. Maybe it would be helpful to add this hint to the FAQ: completely uninstall and reinstall the anitvirus.

Boris
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Bbsax wrote:after reinstalling Avira Free again, the problems seems to be gone.
Most probably they signed their DLLs, or the installation forced an update of the Windows Certificates.
Bbsax wrote:Maybe it would be helpful to add this hint to the FAQ: completely uninstall and reinstall the antivirus.
You're right, but it's kind of hinted:
On Windows 10 hosts the Windows Defender AV is designed by people who know how to write low level code for Windows without fighting it or breaking it. It does not conflict with VirtualBox. You would perhaps be wise to stick to that.
meaning completely uninstall any 3rd party antivirus. You don't need them. At all ;)

Glad you got it going. I'll mark this as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Bbsax wrote: completely uninstall and reinstall the anitvirus.
Thanks for the feedback. I added a note about completely uninstalling the AV. I see no need to mention reinstalling it, as that is a separate decision.