Festplatte "Gemeinsam benutzbar" Ordner nicht sichtbar

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
ROB87

Festplatte "Gemeinsam benutzbar" Ordner nicht sichtbar

Post by ROB87 »

Hi,

ich wollte mal frage welche Regeln es gibt wenn man ein VHD als "gemeinsam benutzbar" verwendet.
Situation:

Ich habe mehrere VM's ( Win7 ) von den ich meisten 2-3 parallel laufen habe.

Alle VM's haben eine System HDD und ein "shared" HDD die als "Gemeinsam benutzbar" deklariert ist.
Wenn ich jetzt in VM 1 eine Datei/ein Ordner erstelle, sehe ich dies nicht in VM 2.

Leider kann ich keine "gemeinsame Ordner" nutzen da meine Programme auf Netzwerkordnern nicht arbeiten können.

Wäre für Hilfe dankbar.

Grüße Rob
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Festplatte "Gemeinsam benutzbar" Ordner nicht sichtbar

Post by socratis »

[color=#804000]Google translate[/color] wrote:I wanted to ask what rules there are when you use a VHD as "shared".
Situation:
I have several VM's (Win7) of which I have run 2-3 mostly parallel.
All VMs have a system HDD and a "shared" HDD which is declared as "usable".
If I now create a file / folder in VM 1, I do not see this in VM 2.
Unfortunately, I can not use "shared folders" because my programs can not work on network folders.

Would you use a shareable HD in real life? Could you? No. The same logic applies here. From the User Manual, Ch. 5.4. Special image write modes:
Warning: This is an expert feature, and misuse can lead to data loss – regular filesystems are not prepared to handle simultaneous changes by several parties.
What can you do? Pick one Win7 VM. Have the "common" disk attached. Share that HD via network (SMB) with the other VMs.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ROB87

Post by ROB87 »

socratis wrote:
[color=#804000]Google translate[/color] wrote: Unfortunately, I can not use "shared folders" because my programs can not work on network folders.

What can you do? Pick one Win7 VM. Have the "common" disk attached. Share that HD via network (SMB) with the other VMs.
That's the Problem.
So if I understand you right, it's a Problem of Win7.(?)
In real life it isn't possible, but maybe It would be a good featere of Using VM.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

ROB87 wrote:So if I understand you right, it's a Problem of Win7.(?)
No, it a problem with ALL user OSes (Win*, OSX*, Linux - most of the common distros). You need a special OS and a special filesystem. This is an advanced computer feature. Even in real life.
ROB87 wrote:In real life it isn't possible, but maybe It would be a good feature of Using VM.
No, it wouldn't. You are asking the guest OS to do something that it cannot do. It's not a matter of "hardware" (VirtualBox), it's a matter of "software" (guest OS, guest filesystem). VirtualBox could provide that capability, the OSes that we're using cannot do anything with it.
ROB87 wrote:
socratis wrote:Share that HD via network (SMB) with the other VMs.
That's the Problem.
When you mentioned the problem you said:
socratis wrote: I can not use "shared folders" because my programs can not work on network folders.
There are two options for sharing files between VMs: 1) VirtualBox shared folders (simple, has problems) or 2) Windows shared folders (more difficult to setup, more compatible).

Does your program have problems with Windows shared folders? If you use Windows shared folders, did you map the share to a HD letter? Something like mapping from VM_2 the "\\VM_1\SharedDisk" to "F:\"?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.