[Solved] Gelöst/Solved: net use Pfad - Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: net use Pfad - Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote:How can i send it to you only?
You can upload it somewhere and send me the link via PM. But there is nothing private in a VBOX file. Nobody really cares what your user name is, enough to hack you. They can't.
VM-F4n wrote:I don't use a batch file.
OK, then what do you do? Every time you start the VM you open a Command Prompt and you give it some commands? Can you give me the commands? Or anything else?

I am trying to replicate your setup. I will download my WinPC to 5.0.20. I will use your VBOX to create the same VM. And finally I need the complete, exact sequence of commands that show the problem.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VM-F4n
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Win7 64-Bit

Post by VM-F4n »

socratis wrote:OK, then what do you do? Every time you start the VM you open a Command Prompt and you give it some commands? Can you give me the commands? Or anything else?
Every time i start the VM and would to mount the folder on the USB-HDD i first use devices -> shared folders - shared folders and mount my folder (like f:\name\folder1) with the GUI.
If i would to mount it as a network-drive in windows-explorer too, i use a command prompt (cmd.exe) and write:
net use z: \\vboxsvr\name\folder1
Then i get a error (like in english):
Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten.
system error 67
and he can't mount it as a network-drive in windows-explorer.

But if i use devices -> shared folders - shared folders and mount my folder (like f:\name) with the GUI and then in the cmd.exe only:
net use z: \\vboxsvr\name
then it works.

But i don't want to see all the folders in "f:\name" like "folder1, folder2, folder3"... i only want to see the folder i mount (like f:\name\folder1)!

f:\ is local USB-HDD device on windows-host.

PS: I don't want to use all the USB-HDD in the VM, i only want to use a folder in the USB-HDD (for mount and unmount)!
PPS: I know virtualbox!!! :roll: And i know how to to use a complete USB-HDD in the VM (if i wolud like, but it's not i like)! :wink:
Attachments
VM7.vbox.txt
(9.5 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

I can prove it now! :D
I use a firewall that saves rules.

Trust me! :wink:

devices -> shared folders - shared folders and mount my folder (like z:\wsusoffline\entpackt) with the GUI
If you can see the "old rule" the drive is mountet with
net use z: \\vboxsvr\wsusoffline\entpackt
devices -> shared folders - shared folders and mount my folder (like z:\wsusoffline) with the GUI
by the "new rule" the drive is mountet with
net use z: \\vboxsvr\wsusoffline
The newest rule for the same file has every time a number like (1), (2), (3)...

Die Bilder mögen das nicht wirklich zeigen, aber wie geschrieben nutzte ich die Möglichkeit in 5.0.20 wirklich schon länger.
The pictures doesn't show this really :oops: , but like i said i've used it a long time in 5.0.20.
Ich habe mich auch nicht vertippt mit den FW-Regeln!
Attachments
this one is the new rule (with 5.1.10 and newer)
this one is the new rule (with 5.1.10 and newer)
bsp2.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
this one is the old rule (with 5.0.20)
this one is the old rule (with 5.0.20)
bsp1.jpg (4.69 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
Borsti78

Post by Borsti78 »

Habe das auch mal ausprobiert:

https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/share/ ... _link_copy

Auch ich bin mir absolut sicher, dass das mal funktioniert hat. Da ich meistens die Ordner nicht über shared folders nutze, sondern übers Netzwerk direkt, finde ich das nun nicht so schlimm...aber wäre dennoch nett, wenn man sich das mal anschauen würde :)
Guten Rutsch/happy new year!
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

*push* :roll:
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

Problem besteht immer noch, auch mit 5.1.14! :evil:
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

*push* :evil:

Warum wird das Problem ignoriert, wenn es doch von anderen Benutzern nachgewiesen wird (sogar per Video!)?! :roll:

Why is the problem ignored though other users can prove it too (see video)?! :roll:

It sucks!!! :evil:
I'm very angry!

I can't recommend VirtualBox!
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Dies hier ist ein Forum, in dem User versuchen anderen Usern zu helfen.
Wenn niemand von uns eine Idee hat, wie/ob ein Problem zu lösen ist, dann gibt's hier auch keine Hilfe.
Wenn ein Fehler eindeutig nachzustellen ist, dann hilft eventuell ein Eintrag im Bugtracker, falls die Lösung für Oracle oder deren zahlende Großekunden interessant ist.
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

Martin wrote:...dann hilft eventuell ein Eintrag im Bugtracker...
Würde ich machen, wenn ich verstehen würde wie ich dort einen Eintrag machen kann! :oops:
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I was supposed to setup my system to test your configuration. Unfortunately a couple of misfortunes on my Win7 computer (burnt power supply, SMART status failing), the holidays, and me getting sick, delayed the process. I promise I'll take a look over the weekend.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

Thanks for your help :wink: , but i'm waiting (yet 2 weeks)?! :?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Yes, I know, and I feel bad about it. You just got me in a ... transition phase where I'm trying to re-enable triple-boot on my PC, after a major "heart" surgery (every HD now is AHCI instead of IDE and some OSes are having trouble with that). If it's any consolation, I haven't forgotten about your problem at all and your "tab" is the first one that I have in my mind. It simply is not a 5 minute job, it's major setup job, and I want to make sure I don't screw up my existing setup (or whatever is not already screwed up).

I will try to make some time tonight, I promise. At least now I have my Ubuntu and my Win32 up and running again, so I can put my 3rd disk ... on vacation for the moment.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

OK, I have some time to try and recreate your setup (I've actually started already...). I will need from you the following:
  • A fresh .vbox file. If you obfuscate anything, that's going to be the end of the discussion, at least for me. No more "xxxxx", that's a no-go. They are fake, virtual UUIDs. I need to see exactly what's mounted at what point.
  • A complete VBox.log after a complete startup/shutdown cycle of the VM, including mounting any shared folders. See the following procedure, correct/adjust it if necessary and give me the log from that run. Not necessary, but it would really help if you kept a timer (clock, watch) and mark the times that actions take place, like "at 1:30 I plugged the external USB", "at 2:00 I shared the folder", etc.
  • Try to keep it at the minimum number of actions required to duplicate the issue, i.e. don't let the VM run for a couple of days with constant rebooting or update the GAs, etc. If you need to change the GA version, do it, shut down the VM and then start the logged run.
  • I will try to recreate this on a Win7-64 host and if there is a need on Win10-64 host, with VirtualBox 5.0.20 (the working version according to you) and something newer, most probably the one that you reported, >= 5.1.10.
  • I re-created your VM's recipe, even down to every detail, except the RAM amount. You have 4GB dedicated to the VM, that's all I have on my host, I can't afford it ;).
Now, correct me where I'm wrong, but this is what (I think) you're doing:
  1. You have an external USB HD. Let's assume that it gets assigned the letter "K:\". Assume there's a directory called "K:\One" and a directory "K:\One\Two".
  2. Start the Win7-32 guest VM. Go to the VM preferences and add a transient share to "K:\". Assume the net share's name is "USB".
  3. Make sure that you can actually browse the "K:\", "K:\One" and "K:\One\Two" directories. The default Win7 options do NOT allow network discovery, so just to make sure that the shares are browsable, try it with Windows Explorer.
  4. From within the VM, issue the commands:
    • net use X: \\VBoxSvr\USB
      net use Y: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One
      net use Z: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One\Two
    The last two fail.
  5. If you try the whole thing with 5.0.20, all three of the above commands work. And that is the regression you are reporting.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

And here is the run with VirtualBox 5.0.20. It fails, as I was expecting it, and as I already had experienced on an OSX host as well. I'm attaching the log. It helps if you look at it together with the timeline of events:
  • HH:mm
    00:00 Start the VM.
    00:02 Login.
    00:04 Share the USB drive, as USB. Read-only, transient.
    00:06 Browse the USB via Windows Explorer. No problems
    00:07 Mispelled command. Failure. Expected.
          net use x: \\VBoxSve\USB
          System error 53. The network path was not found.       (yeah, no kidding)
    00:08 Correct command. Success. Expected.
          net use x: \\VBoxSvr\USB
          The command completed succesfully.
    00:09 Correct command. Failure. Expected.
          net use y: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One
          System error 67 has occured.
          The network name cannot be found.
    00:10 Shut down. Save log.
I do not believe that at this point there is a need to run the same test with 5.1.x. The thing that I wanted to see is whether or not this was a regression from 5.0.20. You said in more than one occasion that this was working with 5.0.20, so I tried that. I thought it would never work. And it didn't.

Now, can you try with 5.0.20 again? Is there anything I didn't do correctly? Can you double check?
Attachments
NetUse-VBox-5.0.20.log.zip
Timeline and VBox.log from VBox 5.0.20.
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

socratis wrote:OK, I have some time to try and recreate your setup (I've actually started already...). I will need from you the following:
  • A fresh .vbox file. If you obfuscate anything, that's going to be the end of the discussion, at least for me. No more "xxxxx", that's a no-go. They are fake, virtual UUIDs. I need to see exactly what's mounted at what point.
  • A complete VBox.log after a complete startup/shutdown cycle of the VM, including mounting any shared folders. See the following procedure, correct/adjust it if necessary and give me the log from that run. Not necessary, but it would really help if you kept a timer (clock, watch) and mark the times that actions take place, like "at 1:30 I plugged the external USB", "at 2:00 I shared the folder", etc.
  • Try to keep it at the minimum number of actions required to duplicate the issue, i.e. don't let the VM run for a couple of days with constant rebooting or update the GAs, etc. If you need to change the GA version, do it, shut down the VM and then start the logged run.
  • I will try to recreate this on a Win7-64 host and if there is a need on Win10-64 host, with VirtualBox 5.0.20 (the working version according to you) and something newer, most probably the one that you reported, >= 5.1.10.
  • I re-created your VM's recipe, even down to every detail, except the RAM amount. You have 4GB dedicated to the VM, that's all I have on my host, I can't afford it ;).
A lot of things what i should do. :shock:
socratis wrote:Now, correct me where I'm wrong, but this is what (I think) you're doing:
  1. You have an external USB HD. Let's assume that it gets assigned the letter "K:\". Assume there's a directory called "K:\One" and a directory "K:\One\Two".
  2. Start the Win7-32 guest VM. Go to the VM preferences and add a transient share to "K:\". Assume the net share's name is "USB".
  3. Make sure that you can actually browse the "K:\", "K:\One" and "K:\One\Two" directories. The default Win7 options do NOT allow network discovery, so just to make sure that the shares are browsable, try it with Windows Explorer.
  4. From within the VM, issue the commands:
    • net use X: \\VBoxSvr\USB
      net use Y: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One
      net use Z: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One\Two
    The last two fail.
  5. If you try the whole thing with 5.0.20, all three of the above commands work. And that is the regression you are reporting.
Exactly!
If my english is good enough... :oops:

If you want to add USB/One you have to mount this folder and then net use x: \\VBoxSvr\USB\One.
You can't add USB and mount \USB\One oder USB\One\Two!
The folder you want to mount with net use the folder you have to add first (in shared folders)!

If you only add USB, you can browse in explorer to USB/One and USB/One/Two but you can't mount USB/One or USB/One/Two with net use \\VBoxSvr\***.

Syntax doesn't matter!

Look at my Screenshot!
You see "wsusoffline" is the added folder and "entpackt" is the folder in the folder wsusoffline (local example: x:\wsusoffline/entpackt).
This are from my firewall-rules! They don't lie!!!!!
socratis wrote:I do not believe that at this point there is a need to run the same test with 5.1.x. The thing that I wanted to see is whether or not this was a regression from 5.0.20. You said in more than one occasion that this was working with 5.0.20, so I tried that. I thought it would never work. And it didn't.
Exactly! It has worked for me!

I'm not the only one! See the video and read the other posting too.
socratis wrote:Now, can you try with 5.0.20 again? Is there anything I didn't do correctly? Can you double check?
Don't want to downgrade!
I don't want to tell you the same story again, and again, and again...
Last: I've used it a lot of time!!!

Thanks for your help! :wink:
So you can't get it worked... i'm do nothing from this above and i'm done (no more strength)!

Result: I'm done with VirtualBox and i will change the virtual Software in feature (because i need to mount the "folder in the folder" again).
Last edited by VM-F4n on 6. Mar 2017, 19:36, edited 2 times in total.