[Solved] Gelöst/Solved: net use Pfad - Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: net use Pfad - Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote:A lot of things what i should do. :shock:
I'm sorry, you are reporting something that is not reproducible, in an open source project, a user-driven program. Of course you should do things, like verifying it. With proof. Unless the only thing that you do is to shout "It doesn't work, fix it! It doesn't work, fix it!" and you're not willing to even verify the bug/setup.
VM-F4n wrote:Exactly! It has worked for me!
I have not seen any proof. Yet! So far I've trusted your word, nothing else. You gave me no evidence! At all!
VM-F4n wrote: Don't want to downgrade!
I don't want to tell you the same story again, and again, and again...
Last: I've used it a lot of time!!!
Seriously? Are you for real? You keep poking me to test your setup. For something that I already had tested on another host. I downgrade my 2nd system to mimic your setup. I can't re-create a "bug" that only you have seen. And YOU don't want to waste your time? Are you kidding me???
VM-F4n wrote:i'm do nothing from this above and i'm done (no more strength)!
Good, we can close this then as "Works for me" or "Not reproducible".
VM-F4n wrote:Result: I'm done with VirtualBox and i will change the virtual Software in feature (because i need to mount the "folder in the folder" again).
It's the "again" part that I was trying to verify, not the 2nd level depth. That part was never working, that's what I was trying to say all along. But, hey, more power to you, and good luck whatever product you wish to work with.

This thread is done for me. I've wasted many hours for nothing.-
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VM-F4n
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Win7 64-Bit

Post by VM-F4n »

socratis wrote:
VM-F4n wrote:Exactly! It has worked for me!
I have not seen any proof. Yet! So far I've trusted your word, nothing else. You gave me no evidence! At all!
I've gave you the screenshots, look above!

socratis wrote:Seriously? Are you for real?
Yeah!
Why? Because No1. i know the result (if i downgrade), No2. it's an old version!
But really thanks to you for test it!
socratis wrote:And YOU don't want to waste your time? Are you kidding me???
My english isn't good enough to "discuss" my problem/issue with virtualbox.
socratis wrote:That part was never working,..
Read my edit one post before your (side/page 2). :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=387123#p387123
socratis wrote:This thread is done for me. I've wasted many hours for nothing.-
One more time thanks for your help! :)
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

A new Day... i'm away from 180 pulse... and i've downgraded to 5.0.20, because you are a "good guy" and i know what you has do for me. :wink:

Now i will proof it!

I add 2 shared folders and mount both.

One with net use x: \\vboxsvr\wsusoffline and the other one with net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt

Now i hope you are satisfied?!
I've proofed it!!! :wink:
Attachments
Laufwerk y.jpg
Laufwerk y.jpg (95.33 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
laufwerk x.jpg
laufwerk x.jpg (73.87 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
shared folder.jpg
shared folder.jpg (79.28 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Last edited by VM-F4n on 7. Mar 2017, 11:01, edited 2 times in total.
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

The last 2 screenshots. :wink:

Now it's your turn! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Laufwerk X folder entpackt2.jpg
Laufwerk X folder entpackt2.jpg (65.65 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
Laufwerk x folder entpackt.jpg
Laufwerk x folder entpackt.jpg (62.12 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Anderer Ansatz: Geht es dir um WSUS Offline, weil das Windows Update nicht geht?

Wenn ja: wu.krelay.de
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I see you came back to your senses and decided to help yourself. I assume that the screenshots are with 5.0.20.
VM-F4n wrote:I've proofed it!!!
I'm sorry, but you've proved absolutely nothing. Or, you've been stating the problem wrong. Here's what you showed me:
  • net use x: \\vboxsvr\wsusoffline        <-- Works.
    net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt           <-- Works.
Both of these commands are exactly the same, 1-level deep use. Like the general one below:
  • net use $: \\Server\Share               <-- This WILL work.
They are not the 2-levels deep that you were complaining about:
  • net use $: \\Server\Share\Directory     <-- This WILL NOT work.
You've used in both cases (x:, y:) the same exactly thing. What does this prove exactly?

Where you might be confused, is the following; you go two directories down in your VM Settings » Shared folders. This has nothing to do with "net use" and it's perfectly acceptable. Is this what you were talking about? For example, I have:
Host path '/Users/Shared', map name 'Shared'
Host path '/Users/Shared/VirtualBox/ReadWrite', map name 'ReadWrite'
I can use:
  • net use x: \\VBoxSvr\Shared
    net use y: \\VBoxSvr\ReadWrite
but I cannot use
  • net use x: \\VBoxSvr\Shared\VirtualBox\ReadWrite
VM-F4n wrote:Now i hope you are satisfied?!
Now it's your turn!
Please keep calm... This is not a game where we're taking turns trying to prove each other wrong, all right?

PS. If your English is not good (as you said), write in German. We'll use Google Translate. But please use short sentences.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

stefan.becker wrote:Anderer Ansatz: Geht es dir um WSUS Offline, weil das Windows Update nicht geht?
Nein, es geht mir generell um die Einbindgung von Unterordnern und Mounten mit net use!
socratis wrote:I'm sorry, but you've proved absolutely nothing. Or, you've been stating the problem wrong. Here's what you showed me:
  • net use x: \\vboxsvr\wsusoffline        <-- Works.
    net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt           <-- Works.
Both of these commands are exactly the same...
net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt - the local path is U:\wsusoffline/entpackt.
This is the 2-levels deep (for me )!
1-level is /wsusoffline, 2-level ist wsusoffline/entpackt, 3-level (if there was one) is wsusoffline/entpackt/folder3...
socratis wrote:Where you might be confused, is the following; you go two directories down in your VM Settings » Shared folders. This has nothing to do with "net use" and it's perfectly acceptable.

This is for example that you can see... but you don't understand...
socratis wrote:Is this what you were talking about?
No?!
socratis wrote:For example, I have:
Host path '/Users/Shared', map name 'Shared'
Host path '/Users/Shared/VirtualBox/ReadWrite', map name 'ReadWrite'
I can use:
  • net use x: \\VBoxSvr\Shared
    net use y: \\VBoxSvr\ReadWrite
but I cannot use
  • net use x: \\VBoxSvr\Shared\VirtualBox\ReadWrite
Right, now we come together.
I use the same syntax for my folder in the folder.
  • Host path '/wsusoffline/entpackt'
  • net use y: \\VBoxSvr\entpackt
But i get a error (Systemfehler 67) if i use it in VirtualBox 5.1.x oder 5.0.20+.

I Hope now it's clear enough? :)

Now go back to my first posting and you will understand, i think so?!

Edit:
I've read my first posting again... ich hätte nicht net use y: \\vboxsvr\ordnername1\ordnername2 schreiben sollen sondern zum Verständnis nur net use y: \\vboxsvr\ordnername2.
I think that was a big mistake! :oops:
Trotzdem habe ich ich das bestehende/erklärte Problem. :(
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote: net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt - the local path is U:\wsusoffline/entpackt.
Yes, this is a 2-levels deep, but not with "net use", only with the local shared directory. That's your mistake:
  • "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share\Directory" will fail, no matter what the local directory is, no matter how deep it is.
  • "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share" works, no matter what the local directory is, no matter how deep it is.
  • You were saying that "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share\Directory" was working in 5.0.20, but it's not working with > 5.1.10.
  • I'm simply telling you that this is not the case. The "net use" with the "Directory" never worked. Simple.
Make a short, simple example, avoid the smilies because they're distracting and prove me wrong. I don't think I need to be providing any more evidence to prove that "elephants can't fly".
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

socratis wrote:
VM-F4n wrote: net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt - the local path is U:\wsusoffline/entpackt.
Yes, this is a 2-levels deep, but not with "net use", only with the local shared directory. That's your mistake:
  • "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share\Directory" will fail, no matter what the local directory is, no matter how deep it is.
  • "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share" works, no matter what the local directory is, no matter how deep it is.
Right, but i can't use net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Directory for the 2-level-deept, you understand now?
socratis wrote: [*]You were saying that "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share\Directory" was working in 5.0.20, but it's not working with > 5.1.10.
[*]I'm simply telling you that this is not the case. The "net use" with the "Directory" never worked. Simple.[/list]
With "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Share\Directory" you are right, but it has worked with "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Directory" in the past!
See my screenshots again.

Edit:
With "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\wsusoffline\entpackt" you are right, it will fail, but with "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\entpackt" it has worked in the past.
"net use y: \\VBoxSvr\entpackt" works for me in 5.0.20, but not in 5.0.20+ or 5.1.x .

Der Ordner entpackt ist bei mir immer im Ordner wsusoffline (U:\wsusoffline/entpackt), nur mounten (per net use) kann ich den Ordner entpackt nicht.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote:Right, but i can't use net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Directory for the 2-level-deept, you understand now?
I understood from the beginning. You don't seem to understand that you could never use a 2nd level directory in that statement. That's what I'm trying to explain for the longest time. In that command above, you do not use a 2nd level directory.

I don't really care if the "Directory" in your command above is 1, 2, 3 or N levels deep in your host. I am talking about the "net use" command in your guest. And the only thing you can do is: "net use y: \\Server\Share".
VM-F4n wrote:but it has worked with "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\Directory" in the past! See my screenshots again.
There is NO screenshot which uses a "\\Server\Share\Directory". Which one are you referring to? All screenshots use the "net use y: \\Server\Share" format, not the "net use y: \\Server\Share\Directory" format. You can't use the "Directory" part. Is it clearer now?

Maybe it's the language barrier that makes the communication difficult; a Greek trying to explain to a German, in English. Maybe someone else can do a better job...
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Bitte versuche Dein zweites Beispiel "net use y: \\VBoxSvr\entpackt" nochmal in Vbox 5.1.x oder 5.0.20+
Hier funktioniert es problemlos auch in 5.1.14
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

I'm now agree with you, but my probem is still the mount of the folrder "entpackt" with net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt !
socratis wrote:Maybe it's the language barrier that makes the communication difficult; a Greek trying to explain to a German, in English. Maybe someone else can do a better job...
That's exactly the thing!

I will upgrade later (today or maybe friday, i don't know, have to find time to do it) and then, if i can't use the net-command i will post a screenshot again.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote:my probem is still the mount of the folrder "entpackt" with net use y: \\vboxsvr\entpackt !
That's a COMPLETELY different problem then, not the one you have been trying to convince me that it was working in 5.0.20 and it's not working in > 5.1.10.

I would suggest to open a new thread, because if one wanted to help, they would be lost. State the problem with a short, accurate example. Do not use screenshots, use text copy/paste when possible.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: Gelöst/Solved: net use Pfad - Systemfehler 67 aufgetreten

Post by socratis »

VM-F4n wrote:hello :) ,

i don't know what to say :oops: ...

have tested it and it works. :roll: :oops:
think you can close the thread. :|

Ich verstehe es immer noch nicht, aber es funktioniert tatsächlich mit 5.1.14.
Ist natürlich toll. :wink:

Nochmals 1.000 mal Danke!
1.000 thanks again!