woher 64bit Windows ?

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Hansjuerg

woher 64bit Windows ?

Post by Hansjuerg »

Hallo zusammen

Ich habe mir mehrere Windows - Guests von der developer.microsoft - Seite heruntergeladen und in VB importiert. Nach dem Starten von Windows stelle ich immer fest, dass es sich um eine 32bit - Version handelt. ich benötige aber ein 64bit -Windows.

Mache ich beim Aufsetzen des Gastsystems was falsch oder woher bekomme ich eine 64bit - Windows - Version ?

Vielen Dank für den Support.

Hansjürg
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: woher 64bit Windows ?

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF4000]Google translate[/color] wrote:Hello everybody

I downloaded several Windows guests from the developer.microsoft site and imported them into VB. After starting Windows, I always find that it is a 32bit version. I need a 64bit Windows.

Do I get wrong when installing the guest system or where can I get a 64bit Windows version?

Thanks for the support.

Hansjürg
Maybe you're downloading the wrong files? Where are you downloading from? Any specific links? Microsoft's site is too big and life is too short.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Hansjuerg

Post by Hansjuerg »

Hi

I downloaded the VMs here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... tools/vms/

regards
Hansjuerg
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I don't know if these are the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions, they do not specify and I didn't find any references. There used to be a greater selection in the past (even XP), but not anymore. If you need the 64-bit, I suggest you ask Microsoft, as VirtualBox does not have control over that. Which exact version did you choose? Or all of them are 32-bit ones?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Hansjuerg

Post by Hansjuerg »

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Now I tried to solve my issue with an ISO - 64bit file from Microsoft and now its working.

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/softwar ... ndows10ISO

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
Hansjuerg
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Keine Ursache!

(I hope Google translate said "You're welcome!")