[gelöst] Windows kann nicht auf diesem Laufwerk installiert werden

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Pentalon

[gelöst] Windows kann nicht auf diesem Laufwerk installiert werden

Post by Pentalon »

Hallo Leute

Ich versuche eine Win10 VM zu erstellen, bekomme aber immer diese Meldung: "Windows kann nicht auf diesem Laufwerk installiert werden"
Link darf ich leider keinen Posten :-(
Gibts da einen Treiber den ich einbinden muss ?

Beste Grüße
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows kann nicht auf diesem Laufwerk installiert werden

Post by mpack »

Edge translator wrote: I try to create a Win10 VM, but always get this message: "Windows can not be installed on this drive"
If Windows says that it doesn't like the drive then I would believe it. A likely error is that you made the drive too small, by confusing MB with GB. It's also possible that you didn't add a hard drive to the VM at all, but I think it would be harder to make that mistake.

Googling, I see that another possibility is that you made the drive too big (>2TB) and did not enable EFI. While enabling EFI would allow larger drives, in my opinion there is almost never a valid reason to have a VM drive as large as 2TB. If you did that unintentionally or didn't consider how the host would accomodate a file of that size then I suggest you scrap the VM and start again. 64GB is a good size for a lightly used Win10 VM. 256GB should be plenty for everything really.
Pentalon

Post by Pentalon »

OMG, you are right. I set my HDD to 50GB and this is to small. I deleted this HDD and created another one with 250GB and now everything works. Thank you very much :D

Best regards...
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Well I'm happy that it is working for you now, but a remaining puzzle is that 32GB seems to be the official hard disk space requirement for installing Windows 10, so 50GB should have been more than enough.

250GB is rather large for a VM, making the drive so large can create its own problems, such as using an excessive amount of host drive space, and a reluctance to make backups.

However, these questions are moot if your VM is now working to your satisfaction. I will mark the topic as solved.