Probleme Installation Win Server 2012

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Matze873

Probleme Installation Win Server 2012

Post by Matze873 »

Hallo zusammen,

im Zuge eines Kurses wollte ich mir die Evaluierungs-ISO in einer VM hochziehen.
Allerdings erhalte ich bei der Installation jedes mal die Meldung:
"Windows kann erforderliche Dateien nicht installieren. Die Datei ist möglicherweise beschädigt....... Fehlercode 0x80070570".
Dieses .iso-File habe ich mehrmals direkt von Microsoft heruntergeladen, ebenso testweise auch den Win Server 2016 - selbiges Problem.
Ebenso habe ich die dortige .vhd geladen und in Virtual Box eingebunden - hier erscheint dann lediglich irgendwann im Startprozess die Meldung dass es nicht installiert werden konnte und ich das System neu starten solle.

Die Voreinstellung beim Erstellen in VirtualBox habe gelassen wie vorgeschlagen. Die Version ist 6.1.16r und die dortigen Logs geben mir leider auch keine große Hilfe.
Alle anderen VMs über VirtualBox (mehrere Linux', Win 7 und Win 10) laufen ohne Probleme (sowohl Installation als auch Betrieb).

Hat hier ggf. jemand ein ähnliches Problem?
Aktuell lade ich noch den Server 2019 und teste dies auch.

Viele Grüße,
Matze
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Probleme Installation Win Server 2012

Post by scottgus1 »

If you are using a Windows host, this sounds familiar.

Please right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log.

Search the far left tab's log for this text:

Attempting fall back to NEM

If you find it, Hyper-V is enabled and needs to be disabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active).

If you don't find that text, save the far left tab's log, zip the log file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Matze873

Post by Matze873 »

Thank you for your fast answer.

Because i don't find the text, i've attached the zipped log

And yes, i'm using Windows 10 Pro.
Please tell me if you need more details about the host
Attachments
log.zip
(25.77 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Hyper-V is not enabled, which is good in the long run.

The only thing I see that is strange is the location Virtualbox is running from:
00:00:02.795104 Executable: D:\VM\VirtualBoxVM.exe
Many folks install Virtualbox in other locations than the default "C:\Program Files", to try to keep the VMs off the C drive, which doesn't work. Permissions may be set strangely on the location they choose, which may interfere.

Please uninstall Virtualbox, then reinstall to the default "C:\Program Files\Oracle\Virtualbox". Right-click Run the installer as Administrator, even if you already are an Administrator. Then try the VM again.
Matze873

Post by Matze873 »

This partion was created for "not-windows" programs, to keep C: clean.
Because i've many VMs in virtual Box i will try the reinstall the next few days, how to keep the VMs correctly :)

By the way: after the Server 2019 ISO download has finished i tried to set up an VM with this ISO - the installation worked as usual without any problem :)
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

The Virtualbox configuration files default to being located in C:\Users\{you}\.Virtualbox. These files stay through reinstalls, so your VMs should remain safe.
Matze873

Post by Matze873 »

This is good, so i can test this the next few days and give you a feedback.

Thank you :)