VMs starten nach Update nicht mehr

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
nikolasr75
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: legacy Windows, Debian

Re: VMs starten nach Update nicht mehr

Post by nikolasr75 »

scottgus1 wrote:nikolasr75, I'm not sure about what the video recommended, but please try the suggestion in viewtopic.php?f=5&p=518490#p517915
Sorry scottgus1,
You might got me wrong....
The solution in this video worked for me (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106055#p518432)*, while the suggestions in viewtopic.php?f=5&p=518490#p517915 did not. I'm just trying to figure out, kind of post-mortem, why this happened. Just being a curious nerd, who wants to know why... :idea: :mrgreen:
The primary suspect right now ist Kaspersky AV. But that's just a suspect, giving it the favour of the doubt :-)

* English version:
- go to %PROGRAMFILES%\Oracle\VirtualBox\drivers\vboxsup\VBoxSup.inf
- right click on install
. open an administrator command prompt
. type sc start voboxsup
- reboot via shutdown -r -f
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

I gather that this special procedure gets Virtualbox running on your PC. But it's not necessary on regular typical Virtualbox installations. I've never had to run that procedure.

This is because something on your host is interfering with Virtualbox, either with the installation or the subsequent operation.

This is why I recommended to do an uninstall, clear-out of Virtualbox .sys files, and run-as-administrator reinstall of Virtualbox with Kaspersky completely disabled. In fact, you might have to uninstall Kaspersky entirely before reinstalling Virtualbox, if Kaspersky is so invasive.
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Also ich würde auf den Kasper komplett verzichten. Windows Defender und gut ist.

Diese ganzen AntiViren-Suiten sind heute schlimmste Bloatware.

Mich erinnert das ganze an Nero Burning ROM. Da wurde auch so viel dazu programmiert, dass man am Ende tausende Fehler hatte und das CD brennen schon fast in den Hintergrund geraten ist.