Verbindung mit Windows Remotedesktop App nicht mit mstsc.exe

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
gatemaster99

Verbindung mit Windows Remotedesktop App nicht mit mstsc.exe

Post by gatemaster99 »

Hallo,

hat es schon mal jemand geschafft eine Remotedesktopverbindung mit der Remotedesktop App, also nicht mstsc.exe, herzustellen.
Der Remoteserver ist aktiviert mit Port 5001 (in Anzeige bei den VM Einstellungen).
Die Verbindung mit mstsc.exe klappt über <localhost:5001>.
Die Verbindung mit der Remotedesktop App klappt nicht.
Laut MS wird auch dort der Port einfach nach der IP eingegeben. Also genauso wie bei mstsc.exe.

Es kommt aber immer Fehler:
Fehlercode: 0x516
Erweiterter Fehlercode: 0x0
Aktivitäts-ID: {2229e37b-da48-4967-a633-17c01fe30000}

Vielleicht hat jemand eine Lösung?

Danke
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Verbindung mit Windows Remotedesktop App nicht mit mstsc.exe

Post by scottgus1 »

gatemaster99 wrote:Der Remoteserver ist aktiviert mit Port 5001 (in Anzeige bei den VM Einstellungen).
Die Verbindung mit mstsc.exe klappt über <localhost:5001>.
This sounds like you are using the Virtualbox RDP server set up in the VM's Display settings, and you've set the port to 5001. You can use mstsc.exe to successfully connect to the Virtualbox RDP server.

However, the other 'remote desktop' app you have does not connect. Is this other app the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection? If so, this app is also mstsc.exe. Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection is mstsc.exe with a graphical front end. If you can get mstsc.exe to connect but Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect, it is because there is a setting in Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection that is set wrong. We would need to know what command line switches you are using in the mstsc.exe command line and what boxes you have checked in the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection window.

If the remote desktop app is not Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection, you'd have to research how to set it up the same as mstsc.exe's command line.
gatemaster99

Post by gatemaster99 »

Hi,
yes I activated the "RDP Server in Display Settings" and set it to Port 5001.
The connection is working with mstsc.exe.

In mstsc.exe I enter <host_name>:5001 to connect.

The other app is the new Microsoft Remote Desktop App which can be downloaded from the Microsoft store.
If I enter <host_name>:5001 I get no connection. Other connections work.

The command line connection (that works) for mstsc.exe is:
mstsc.exe /v:<host_name>:5001
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

gatemaster99 wrote:the new Microsoft Remote Desktop App which can be downloaded from the Microsoft store.
If I enter <host_name>:5001 I get no connection. Other connections work.
Does this mean that the new app can connect to other computers but not the Virtualbox VM?

I downloaded the same app from the Microsoft Store and also could not make it connect. I don't know the design behind the app, but I see lots of mention of user names and passwords, and the default Virtualbox VRDP server does not ask for user name or password. It could be that the app is looking for a credential query and never gets one. Only a guess, though.

If you are using a Windows host, and you search the host for the built-in "Remote Desktop Application" app that came with Windows, which is the graphical front for mstsc.exe, can you connect with that app?