after upgrade virtualbox 5.2.16 ose can not useing windows 7 in virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on other (unsupported) hosts like FreeBSD.
dp_pan

after upgrade virtualbox 5.2.16 ose can not useing windows 7 in virtualbox

Post by dp_pan »

Hi,anybody
there is a problem, I cannot fix it. please help me thx.
env: host os is freebsd 11.1, virtualbox version is 5.2.16. configure is default.
the guest os is windows 7, after started guest os, the guest os is hung.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: after upgrade virtualbox 5.2.16 ose can not useing windows 7 in virtualbox

Post by socratis »

First of all, FreeBSD has their own support, but just for kicks, we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dp_pan

Post by dp_pan »

thank you.
there is AIO error in log, I can not get it ,please help check the log ,thx
Attachments
vbox.log.tar.gz
(17.98 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please re-read the instructions that I gave you on how to properly get the log. I did not ask for "VBox.log.3".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dp_pan

Post by dp_pan »

ok, there is new log. when I poweron the VM, the VM running for a while , soon afterwards it is not response when click vm's anywhere.
Attachments
VBox.log.tar.gz
(17.2 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

00:05:14.946256 AioMgr0-N: Request 0x0000081d07ab00 failed with rc=VERR_TRY_AGAIN, migrating
	endpoint /u/data/guest_os/vbox/_temst/win7_64_0_0.vdi to failsafe manager.
00:05:14.946339 AIOMgr: Flush failed with VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER, disabling async flushes
00:05:18.456407 AIOMgr: I/O manager 0x000008238583a0 encountered a critical error
	(rc=VERR_FILE_AIO_NO_REQUEST) during operation. Falling back to failsafe mode. Expect
	reduced performance
00:05:18.456426 AIOMgr: Error happened in
	/zu/software/FreeBSD/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-5.2.16/src/VBox/VMM/VMMR3
	/PDMAsyncCompletionFileNormal.cpp:(1673){int pdmacFileAioMgrNormal(RTTHREAD, void *)}
00:05:18.456431 AIOMgr: Please contact the product vendor
00:05:31.996410 Changing the VM state from 'RUNNING' to 'SUSPENDING'
It seems that something is going on with your host on the file "/u/data/guest_os/vbox/_temst/win7_64_0_0.vdi". I don't know enough about FreeBSD, but as the last highlighted message says "Please contact the product vendor".

You need to look at your FreeBSD logs and talk to the FreeBSD people. I suspect some issues with your host's hard drive.
dp_pan

Post by dp_pan »

Thanks for help, I will check the machine's hardware.