virtualbox 5.1.6 can not use usb device

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on other (unsupported) hosts like FreeBSD.
dp_pan

virtualbox 5.1.6 can not use usb device

Post by dp_pan »

Hi,guys
My host os is freebsd 11 and virtualbox version is 5.1.6,I build guest os windows 2003 under virtualbox 5.1.6, when I start guest os, I can not use usb device under guest os, can anybody know this, and solve this problem, thanks a lot.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: virtualbox 5.1.6 can not use usb device

Post by Perryg »

Read the manual on installing and in particular the extension pack section.
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch01.h ... installing
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Unless it's the same problem that you had two years ago: usb cann't used under guest os.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dp_pan

Post by dp_pan »

Perryg wrote:Read the manual on installing and in particular the extension pack section.
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch01.h ... installing
Thanks, but the freebsd system can not install virtualbox extension pack, I will try the another way.
dp_pan

Post by dp_pan »

socratis wrote:Unless it's the same problem that you had two years ago: usb cann't used under guest os.
Yes, same problem on new version :cry:
JBenden

Post by JBenden »

Are there any plans for an extension pack, or at least a minimal extension to permit USB 2.0 with FreeBSD? It's sort of a much needed functionality....
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

There is no platform specific ExtPack. Why can't you install the one that's already available?

PS. Moving to "Other Hosts" from "Windows Guests", since this has not a lot to do with your guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.