QNX in virtualbox, how to setup shared folder

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
rrador

QNX in virtualbox, how to setup shared folder

Post by rrador »

I am running qnx neutrino 6.4.1 on win & host.

Trying to setup shared folder so I can transfer files back and forth between host and guest, but not having luck.

I've setup a shared folder in virtualbox but unsure what I need to do inside guest os for the folder to show up.
Attachments
IMG_3843.jpg
IMG_3843.jpg (101.7 KiB) Viewed 13141 times
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3842.jpg (95.29 KiB) Viewed 13141 times
birdie
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, other Unixes

Re: QNX in virtualbox, how to setup shared folder

Post by birdie »

The shared folders feature only work for the OSes for which guest [del]tools[/del] additions exist and at the moment it's only possible for Linux, Windows and (probably) MacOS X.

In order to share files with QNX you need to find something else.

If I were you, I'd consider using either FTP, NFS or SMB. SMB is probably the easiest option for your Windows host.
Last edited by birdie on 4. Sep 2020, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

birdie wrote:guest tools
These would be Guest Additions. I'm having a bit of trouble determining what QNX is based on, but according to Wikipedia it might have TCP/IP, which means it might be able to talk on Ethernet.

If QNX does not fall under Virtualbox supported guest OS's with Guest Additions(https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03. ... tossupport), then your only option in Virtualbox is to get it talking on an Ethernet network via SMB/Samba and share a folder in Windows, not in Virtualbox, like birdie says. QNX will also need drivers for one of the 6 virtual network cards Virtualbox provides.
rrador

Post by rrador »

hmm ok thanks guys. I totally missed that part about guest additions only working on certain OSs. QNX isn't supported by the looks of it.

I will look into other options and see how it goes