Android 5.1 how to open OpenGl or D3D in Virtualbox ?

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
LINJack

Android 5.1 how to open OpenGl or D3D in Virtualbox ?

Post by LINJack »

I install a Android 5.1 in VirtualBox 5.0.16 r105871,but OpenGl is off after launch the Android in VirtualBox,just like the picture below
1583025793(1).png
1583025793(1).png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 6528 times
how to open OpenGl or D3D in Android in vb, i am developing in c++ by virtual box's SDK ,and is there any interface to open it on or Manual method? :D
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Android 5.1 how to open OpenGl or D3D in Virtualbox ?

Post by mpack »

Android is not a supported guest, hence no graphics drivers, hence no OpenGL - and certainly no D3D which is Windows only.
LINJack

Post by LINJack »

but there are some simulator software can run game by OpenGl in Android of virtualbox,like yeshen or leidian ,which is from china
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

If you mean something like BlueStacks, then I believe they maintain their own custom fork of a really old version of the open source edition (OSE) of VirtualBox. You should visit their website(s) for information.

p.s. A VM is not a "simulator software" in the sense I think you mean. Code in a VM runs at full speed on the host processor, which is not simulated. It's only when code tries to access hardware that it hits a simulation: of that hardware, not of the CPU. The main difference between a simulator and a VM is that the former runs at about 1/10000th of the speed of the latter.
LINJack

Post by LINJack »

then is there any way to send data with dll of openGL to host's GPU to realize the openGL in Android sys of Virtualbox? is there any example?
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Isn't that the same as the original question? See my first answer: there is no support for Android in VirtualBox, there is no way to get accelerated graphics. Whatever third parties do with the open sources, you'd have to ask them.

p.s. I see that you posted the same question to two more topics, which I just deleted. That is called cross posting and is against the forum rules. One topic per question, one question per topic is the guidance we like to stick to around here. I can assure you that nobody in another forum is going to answer the question any differently.

On the other hand, "The VirtualBox API" is definitely the wrong forum for this discussion. I'll move this topic to "Other Guests".