FreeBSD auto mouse capture & release?

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
u666sa

FreeBSD auto mouse capture & release?

Post by u666sa »

Am I looking for a ghost future or does this actually exists?

I'm coming from VMWare and I used to be able after installing guest software onto guest OS to just use mouse without pressing any keys to release it, mouse went from host OS to guest OS seamlessly.

I did install guest os software on FreeBSD, and followed config guide, but nothing changed. When guest FreeBSD has mouse I have to press keys to release it. How to configure it so that releasing is done automatically?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: FreeBSD auto mouse capture & release?

Post by mpack »

Mouse Integration is a features of the Guest Additions, but AFAIK there are no official GAs for BSD. I believe the FreeBSD community has an unofficial build of the GAs, but you'd have to go to them for support.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: FreeBSD auto mouse capture & release?

Post by socratis »

If FreeBSD supports a USB Tablet, choose that instead of the PS/2 mouse.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.