Crash when trying to boot ReactOS 0.4.10

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
IOOI
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: OPENSTEP, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Windows

Crash when trying to boot ReactOS 0.4.10

Post by IOOI »

See attached VBox.log

It crashed even before the boot loader kicked in. Sreenshots in next posts
[ModEdit; Black screen replaced with empty text]
[ModEdit; Error screen replaced with text]
A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.

For help, please see the Community section on https://www.virtualbox.org or your support contract. Please provide the contents of the log file VBox.log and the image file VBox.png, which you can find in the /Users/lars/VirtualBox VMs/ReactOS 0.4.10/Logs directory, as well as a description of what you were doing when this error happened. Note that you can also access the above files by selecting Show Log from the Machine menu of the main VirtualBox window.

Press OK if you want to power off the machine or press Ignore if you want to leave it as is for debugging. Please note that debugging requires special knowledge and tools, so it is recommended to press OK now.
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
Vbox.log of the crash
(52.32 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Last edited by socratis on 10. Mar 2019, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Replaced attachment with actual text. Be more "green".
IOOI

Re: Crash when trying to boot ReactOS 0.4.10

Post by IOOI »

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-10 um 04.33.48.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-10 um 04.33.48.jpg (109.75 KiB) Viewed 6102 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I replaced a couple of large attachments with the actual text. It's usually easier, more convenient, smaller size, searchable and quotable, if you simply paste the error text, instead of posting the image... ;)

And as for screenshots:
  1. It's better if you use the PNG file type, instead of JPG/GIF/other,
  2. Do not post your whole desktop, crop it to the area of interest,
  3. If you're using a HiDPI setup, please shrink the image by at least 50%, and
  4. Change the DPI to 72. Not everyone has the luxury of a HiDPI display. And even on a HiDPI display, it looks double the size, use the "Preview" button...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

There was a discussion of ReactOS already, in the 6.0.4 release discussion topic. Maybe related. If so then the current test builds have a fix.
IOOI

Post by IOOI »

socratis wrote:I replaced a couple of large attachments with the actual text. It's usually easier, more convenient, smaller size, searchable and quotable, if you simply paste the error text, instead of posting the image... ;)
The error dialog said I should post the PNG found in the log folder. So did I. Btw, the image was not completely black, there was a faint remainder of the VBox Logo still visible. Might be relevant, might be not. If you didn't see this you maybe should adjust your screens gamma settings.
socratis wrote:And as for screenshots:
  1. It's better if you use the PNG file type, instead of JPG/GIF/other,
  2. Do not post your whole desktop, crop it to the area of interest,
  3. If you're using a HiDPI setup, please shrink the image by at least 50%, and
  4. Change the DPI to 72. Not everyone has the luxury of a HiDPI display. And even on a HiDPI display, it looks double the size, use the "Preview" button...
I tried to upload a PNG at first but this was rejected because of file size.