[WorksForMe] an Android guest

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
limestone_lenny
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: win2K

[WorksForMe] an Android guest

Post by limestone_lenny »

hi All,

I experimented with an Android guest, using android-x86_64-8.1-rc2.iso. :twisted: It works, but it doesn't take, resulting in only a live session. I've tried the available options, using my feeble interpretive ability, but at each start event I'm back at the install screen. Wonder if anyone can give advice on how to make it actually install. :(

thanks
GB
Attachments
VBox.log
(99.92 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by socratis on 1. Nov 2018, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: an Android guest

Post by socratis »

Have you tried going through the instructions?
http://www.android-x86.org/documents/virtualboxhowto
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
limestone_lenny
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: win2K

Post by limestone_lenny »

I did finally find out the bonehead error I was making. :oops: After getting to work in the guest for awhile, It turned out that thepointer control was so bad that I had to dump it. I am working now with a satisfactory stand-alone emulator. Thanks for your reply.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.