Netware Guest network configuration

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
sok288

Netware Guest network configuration

Post by sok288 »

Hello,
After loading succedfully a novell netware server 4.11 to Hyperv but not been able to set up the networking I decided to try loading the image of netware 4.11 to virtual box. The server loads and I am able to edit the directory files.
Regarding the networking challenge I am trying to ping from host the guest OS. This is unsuccesfull. PIng the Guest from the guest this is succesfull. PIng the host from the Guest unsuccesfull. I am using the PCNTNW.lan.
Should I use virtio adapter for the guest machine or should I use another setting combination?
I edited the AUTOEXEC file which uses the PCNTNW with three different frame types 802.3, 802.2, Ethernet_II and I also set the binding for that board.
I used the server ID after the server name in AUTOEXEC. I think the binding is done but any help regarding any settings I may be missing is really appreciated.

Thank you.
Sok
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Netware Guest network configuration

Post by andyp73 »

This looks more like a NetWare configuration issue rather than being a VirtualBox issue. As I recall, in NetWare 4.x days their principal networking protocols were IPX/SPX and to run TCP/IP on top of NetWare required extra components to be installed and configured.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.