issue with slow mouse on Android OS

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
zibrnp

issue with slow mouse on Android OS

Post by zibrnp »

Hello,

I have VB 5.2.0 on Mac OSX and I have installed Android OS but mouse on Android OS is so slow and lagging that it is impossible to use it.
Does anyone have solution pleses?

Thanks, T
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: issue with slow mouse on Android OS

Post by socratis »

OSX version?
Android version and ISO link?
Other details you might have forgotten?
Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
zibrnp

Post by zibrnp »

I apologize for not including more details.
Host OSX 10.12.5
Android version: 7.1-rc2 64-bit (I am not able to post URLs but I got iso from fosshub)
Virtual Box version: 5.2.0
I have set on VB in System > Pointing Device to PS/2 Mouse
Mouse integration is disables

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
zibrnp

Post by zibrnp »

yes it is
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Downloading and checking. In the meantime:
  • Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM" cycle.
  • With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
zibrnp

Post by zibrnp »

Thanks for helping
Here are the logs....
Attachments
Android_log.zip
logs
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I just wanted to check if anything had changed between an old Android 4.4 that I had from 2015 (or close) and the new ones. Nope, still the same slow behavior.

Your logs look fine. What you're seeing has been a typical behavior for an Android-x86 guest in VirtualBox. What you're seeing is "normal". And before you ask, no, I don't think that you can do too much about it. USB behaves exactly the same...