Running Android 6.0 on Virtualbox on ubuntu

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
jhbalm

Running Android 6.0 on Virtualbox on ubuntu

Post by jhbalm »

Hello,

I am trying to run Android Marshmallow 6.0 on Virtualbox with my Ubuntu 16.04 computer. I follow the guide titled "How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on PC [HD][Feb 2016]" on youtube (I would post the link directly but hte forum has restrictions presumably to prevent spam).

While following that video, everything goes well until I get to the part where Android checks Google Play for info At this point, it says "Unfortunately, Google play services has stopped." I have tried running NAT pcnet-fast III Am79c973 as the card on Virtualbox. What can I do now?

For the record, I am running this on a lenovo T530 laptop, 30mbs DL 5 mbs UP. I am hard wired into a netgear router.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Running Android 6.0 on Virtualbox on ubuntu

Post by mpack »

Your question does not concern your Linux Host and therefore does not belong in the "Linux Hosts" forum. Moving it to "Other Guests".

Please note that Android is not a supported guest in VirtualBox. It may work, it may not, we don't know, and I'm not sure there are many Android enthusiasts among the volunteers here. Perhaps you should attach your question to the YouTube post you mention.