No sound in Android guest

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Raven

No sound in Android guest

Post by Raven »

I rarely use sound in my JellyBean guest. I know the problem could not have happened too long ago because I did have sound last month. Probably 5.0.14 broke something. On the Linux host (Debian stable amd64), the guest is set up for ICH AC97 via PulseAudio. The Android guest is set up as Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x 32-bit.

My Linux Mint guest still has sound. It is set up as Ubuntu 64-bit, also using ICH AC97 via PulseAudio.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No sound in Android guest

Post by socratis »

Try one of the Testbuilds. They contain some audio related fixes. You never know...
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Raven

Post by Raven »

No audio in the guest when using VirtualBox-5.0.15-105294-Win.exe
Raven

Post by Raven »

Problem persists in 5.0.16r105871.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

There's no need to keep posting on that subject. Android is not a supported guest, and anyway we know that the audio hardware works, or all guest OS's would be affected. If you don't have working Android drivers for the provided audio hardware then go ask in an Android forum about finding drivers.