OS/2 Shared Folders

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Paolo_R
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: MS-DOS, Solaris, Open Solaris, FreeBSD, Kubuntu, Ubuntu

OS/2 Shared Folders

Post by Paolo_R »

I've been trying to set up a shared folder for OS/2 4.52 in Virtual Box.

I followed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=63847 and this web site: http://www.abiyo.net/os2/accessingwindo ... resfromos2

I set up a shared folder: C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\os2share, and set filesharing with user Paul. In the OS/2 MTPS configuration I set the Names list to "os2share" and IP address 10.1.1.4 - this latter was the address of my Wireless LAN adapter (from Windows ipconfig) and followed all the instructions to change IBMLAN.INI etc. The only thing I didn't do was to change the VBox network adapter from NAT to Host-only. When I tried to change to Host-only the only option I get in Name is 'Not selected'

When I issue a 'net use' command as follows : 'net use z: \\PAUL-DELL-PC\os2share' I get the login screen. I enter my User name (Paul, although OS/2 converts that to PAUL) and password (the one I use to login to Windows) but the login fails. I have tried with 'net use z: \\PAUL-DELL-PC\"C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\os2share"' and variants thereof but I get an immediate fail i.e. no logon screen.

I'd appreciate some assistance with this.
Paolo_R

Re: OS/2 Shared Folders

Post by Paolo_R »

Anybody?
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

Setting up networking in OS/2 is slightly outside of the scope of the VirtualBox forum. You might get some help eventually, but this is certainly not the most obvious place to ask.
Paolo_R

Post by Paolo_R »

I posted the query here because I found the Virtual Box forum thread quoted in my initial message and I know that a number of OS/2 queries appear here. Furthermore Shared Folders are a VB feature so my question seemed appropriate. If not I apologise.

At the moment I can't get Shared Folders to work so I'll be happy to wait until someone here can provide a solution.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

There is no support for VirtualBox shared folders in OS/2 guests.
Paolo_R

Post by Paolo_R »

OK.