OS/2 - Locked cursor

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Paolo_R
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: MS-DOS, Solaris, Open Solaris, FreeBSD, Kubuntu, Ubuntu

OS/2 - Locked cursor

Post by Paolo_R »

I know I should probably post this in an OS/2 forum - but I can't find one :-)

My cursor has suddenly taken the form of an arrow attached to what looks like a briefcase. The net result is that clicking on folders or any other object results in no action. I can't even close down OS/2 since the mouse click is not actioned - it seems to be locked out of any action. I don't want to just shut down the VM because of any damage I might do to the installation.

Can anyone tell me how to 'unlock' the cursor?

Thanks

OS/2 4.52 Warp - Virtual Box 4.1.10
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: OS/2 - Locked cursor

Post by michaln »

It probably didn't happen "suddenly". The cursor you're talking about is the no-hold drag & drop indicator (i.e. drag & drop operation is performed without holding down the mouse button the whole time). You need to right click to bring up a pop-up menu, open the Drop submenu and click on Cancel drag.
Paolo_R
Guest OSses: MS-DOS, Solaris, Open Solaris, FreeBSD, Kubuntu, Ubuntu

Re: OS/2 - Locked cursor

Post by Paolo_R »

Thanks for the info. I couldn't right-click or get any response from the mouse so I shut down the VM expecting it not to be bootable afterwards - and it wasn't. Fortunately I had a backup of the VM prior to the locked-cursor incident so used this. I just had to reinstall a couple of applications.