Freenas virtualbox java security issue

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.

Freenas virtualbox java security issue

Post by 20848 »

Hi everyone, new to this forum

I'm setting up a nas with freenas and i got virtualbox running in a jail. Virtualbox is running fine, creating a partition etc worked fine. but when i got for example ubuntu running i can't use the console. it says java security is blocking. For security, applications must now meet the requirements for the High or Very High security settings, or be part of hte Exception Site List, to be allowed to run.

i can't figure out how to add this to my Exception list.
currently i only tried this windows (multiple pc's).

Re: Freenas virtualbox java security issue

Post by 20848 »

i added the address to the list so it won't block, but now i get this error: Error: access denied 9"java.net.SocketPermission""192.168.10.100:9000""connect,resole")
i can only choose to login again and the error is still there. Can someone plz help me?

User746538

Post by User746538 »

Bump:

I've just encountered the same issue on my OSX Chrome V.39.0.2171.71

Anybody figure this out?
meatservo80

Post by meatservo80 »

So I found an article that tells you how to enable the security settings but no idea on where java is installed in the freenas virtualbox jail to edit the file. For now I tried just using TightVNC and UltraVNC to connect which works but has a mouse offset error with windows virtual images. So that fix is to enable the USB touchscreen as input option but that is not an option when creating from the virtualbox web interface on jail. So I created a baseline windows7 vm on my desktop virtualbox enabling the option (also disable usb 2.0, virtualbox jail doesnt have extention installed) then imported it to the virtualbox jail. Then just clone it for more windows7 vm's. You still have to use windows remote desktop or vnc to access it though.