Debuging ohci

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Pikasoo

Debuging ohci

Post by Pikasoo »

Hi, im not sure where i should post this but since this is for my homebrew OS i post it here.

I want to see the debug log of the ohci / virtual mousepad of VirtualBox

I'm trying to find out why the HID Endpoint 1 (0x81) is always stalled(even after a clear), the control one work fine. when looking at the source for the virtual mouse i found out that it has alot of debug information that doesnt show up in the log file. How can I get those logs? i have the "debug window" enabled using environement var, i tryed a few thing i found on google to "enable full log" but nothing worked.

the ohci TD header report that the device is not connected (error 5) if anyone have a hint... but the debug info would be greath to have!

Thx!
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: Debuging ohci

Post by frank »

The Log*() statements are normally disabled. To enable them you have to build the 'debug' build and set the environment variable: For instance, VBOX_LOG='+dev_ohci.e.l.f' will enable the logging for the OHCI device for all 'Log()' and LogFlow() statements. To enable Log2() statements, use VBOX_LOG='+dev_ohci.e.l.l2.f'.

But take care: Debug builds also enable assertions. When an assertion is triggered, the process will normally stop unless you run it in a debugger (in that case you can continue the execution) or use the environment VBOX_ASSERT=none setting to prevent the assertion breakpoints.