OS/2 Warp 3 doesn't have sound (even though it's using the right SB16 drivers)

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Lucss21a

OS/2 Warp 3 doesn't have sound (even though it's using the right SB16 drivers)

Post by Lucss21a »

So I have this problem for days, OS/2 Warp 3 doesn't have sound even if I installed the SB16 PNP drivers (since SB16 PNP was working for me on OS/2 Warp 4 and above, even eComstation). I find installation images, driver zip files, and nothing. How can I activate sound to it?

I turned on sound output, set the sound card to SB16 and nothing.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: OS/2 Warp 3 doesn't have sound (even though it's using the right SB16 drivers)

Post by mpack »

It would have been nice if you mentioned which VirtualBox version you are using. A bunch of audio problems were fixed recently.

The remainder of this post assumes that we're talking VirtualBox 6.1.26, since I'm guessing you surely tested the latest version before describing problems with the software.

In 6.1.26 I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the virtual hardware, because SB16 works just fine in my Win98SE VM. Since the only thing different in your VM is the OS, it's settings and drivers, that must be where the problem lies.
ghr
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: DOS, Win3x, Win95, WinXP, Ubuntu, OS/2

Re: OS/2 Warp 3 doesn't have sound (even though it's using the right SB16 drivers)

Post by ghr »

[1] using 6.1.26 on Ubuntu 18 LTS I have sound with Warp 3 as well as Warp4
[2] you might try Selective Install and reinstall SB16 (I don't think Warp 3 offers an SB 16 PNP)