Installing Android on VirtualBox Catalina

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
fced

Installing Android on VirtualBox Catalina

Post by fced »

Hello,
I am not sure if this is the good section (if Android is really a linux system), but i experiment some trouble installing Android on Virtualbox (Host MacOS Catalina)...
Installation went well (i followed a tutorial), but after the reboot (after i select Android-X86 .0 at boot)
Android is booting in console mode : "console:/#"

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.
Ced
Attachments
Android_boot2.png
Android_boot2.png (31.54 KiB) Viewed 17121 times
Android_Boot.jpg
Android_Boot.jpg (101.35 KiB) Viewed 17121 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Installing Android on VirtualBox Catalina

Post by mpack »

Android is not Linux. Moving this topic to "Other Guests" (was Linux Guests).

Please search the forums for previous advice on installing Android. Btw, the host is not relevant to the discussion, only the Android version matters.

E.g. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92683&start=15#p464073.

VirtualBox does not provide a TPM emulation btw. But I have no doubt this is being worked on for a future version because of the current Win11 drama.
fced

Post by fced »

mpack wrote:Android is not Linux. Moving this topic to "Other Guests" (was Linux Guests).

Please search the forums for previous advice on installing Android. Btw, the host is not relevant to the discussion, only the Android version matters.

E.g. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92683&start=15#p464073.

VirtualBox does not provide a TPM emulation btw. But I have no doubt this is being worked on for a future version because of the current Win11 drama.
Thank you, i thought Android was Linux, because in the tutorial i followed, they said to specify Linux 32 v 2.6....
Sorry .
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Yes, I believe Android started off as a fork of the Linux kernel, but they have diverged since then and the wider OS is quite different.

People suggest the Linux template only because there is no Android template, it not being a supported OS.