FreeBSD 7.0 beta networking support under VirtualBox 1.5.2?

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
caothieny

FreeBSD 7.0 beta networking support under VirtualBox 1.5.2?

Post by caothieny »

Hi all,

I've been toying with the new FreeBSD 7.0 beta 1.5, and find that networking no longer seems to work under virtualbox.

The AMD pcnet NIC is properly detected, but no packets flow.

I'm not having any problems with FreeBSD 6.2 release, so it's definitely something with the 7.0 beta ..

Thanks,
Steve
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: FreeBSD 7.0 beta networking support under VirtualBox 1.5.2?

Post by scottgus1 »

VirtualBox 1.5.2
? This version is rrreeeeaaaalllllyyyy long in the tooth! Or is this a mistake, perhaps you were referring to FreeBSD's "beta 1.5.2"?

FWIW when I make a new FreeBSD VM, the network card is set to "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (82540EM)", not the PCnets. Are you trying different hardware configurations? This may not work, depending on the hardware drivers that come with the OS. Virtualbox picks hardware to match what drivers the OS natively contains.

Please post a zipped vbox.log from both the 6.2 and 7.0 VMs, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

Also, please right-click each VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose "Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager". In the window that opens, zip the VM's .vbox file, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Please make sure all file extensions are shown, so you will be able to see the .vbox extension easier.)