Guru mediation on attempting to install BeOS 5

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
MagikGimp

Guru mediation on attempting to install BeOS 5

Post by MagikGimp »

Hi. I am attempting this guide without success. I have also referred to this which has a slightly different setup but uses a different version of BeOS.

I am able to boot the VM and see the splash screen and can open the boot options. It's when I select a resolution and continue that I get a 'crash'. I have tried fiddling with settings but to no avail. I am doing this on Windows using DAEMON Tools to mount the Professional version .ccd file from [url deleted] but have also attempted to convert it to .bin/.cue with AnyBurn (as there is no Windows build of ccd2cue) which produces errors but does still boot. I have also used ccdtoiso to convert the CloneCD files to .iso which produces the same results. It is also possible there is a problem with the installer image files of course.

I have attached my log files with the most recent representing the latest extent of my fiddling. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!
Attachments
Logs (BeOS 5).zip
VirtualBox only stores the last three logs.
(249.06 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Last edited by mpack on 1. Mar 2021, 11:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Remove several offsite links
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Guru mediation on attempting to install BeOS 5

Post by mpack »

Your post was littered with links.

We normally require people to build up karma points before we let them post offsite links. In your case your only previous post was a zero content type purposely designed to bypass the spam blocks, hence making you look like a spammer.

I have kept links dealing directly with VirtualBox, deleted the rest.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Guru mediation on attempting to install BeOS 5

Post by mpack »

Re your latest post, which I just deleted entirely - I have no way to know your intent. I go by your actions, which now has been to make repeated attempts to post offsite commercial links. Most of us go years without needing to do that even once. Someone on their second post (and first real one) definitely doesn't need to do it.

The one day rule has to do with blocking bots. That doesn't mean that everything else is a free-for-all. Advertising and off topic posts are against the rules period.

See The Forum Posting Guide.