install android on virtual box

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Aurelian

install android on virtual box

Post by Aurelian »

Hello

I want to create an android emulator similar with any the emulator. So will need to create an virtualbox installer with android os included.
Would point me documentation for that ?

Best Regards,
Aurelian
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: install android on virtual box

Post by mpack »

There is no official documentation for that - Android is not a supported guest.

Even so, a few people have already done it. I suggest Googling for VirtualBox and Android.

Btw. A pendantic point: the VM would not be an "Android emulator". There is nothing emulated about the guest OS.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Thanks for your answer. I know that andy emulator use virtualbox as virtual machine for his emulator. I know how to install android on a virtual box machine but i do not know how to pack them into an installer. Would you suggest me which section of this forum should I check for this?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

use virtualbox as virtual machine
That would be a mistake in thinking that VirtualBox is the machine. VirtualBox allows you to install an OS ( machine ) and do what ever you want. Given that you probably have a Linux "machine" that you have an emulator embedded in and that is who you need to talk to and they would need to tell you what to use to build an installer.
MakarkinPRO

Post by MakarkinPRO »

I'm new at that topic thx for figuring out.